HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 22, 2016, 2:00 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard View Post
I hate hearing from people that parking will be an issue when the new events center will be open. But we do need a few more parking structures close to the events center.
Indeed.

No matter how much the city tries to deny it, the lack of non bootable parking near the events centre will be a huge issue.

If one simply looks at an aerial image of the downtown core, one is struck by the sheer amount of surface parking available, but the vast majority of this is privately leased parking policed by the "boot Nazis". Most people I know who casually go downtown for the evening avoid any surface parking lots (unless they are clearly city lots) like the plague in order to avoid the risk of that $175.00 (cash only) private parking "tax", and the unwelcome encounter with a surly and unshaven boot Nazi. Paranoia is rampant out there. It serves as a huge disincentive to visit the downtown and gives our city a huge black eye for potential visitors from SJ or Freddy who are aware of the issue.

If it were up to me, I would outlaw the boot Nazis entirely and I would ensure that all private parking lots were walled in and gated in order to prevent any confusion in the minds of people as to where it is safe to park or not.

I am no fan of surface parking. It is a waste of space and an urban blight. The city needs more parking structures. If Charlottetown can have three large downtown parking structures, then why can't we? We're between 2-3 times larger than Charlottetown for cripes sake!!!

Maybe the events centre will supply the impetus we need to rectify the situation........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmmm: I was just thinking - since the private booting fine paid to the Nazis is "cash only", I wonder how much of that is actually declared to Revenue Canada? Is there any paperwork anywhere? Maybe this is the way to get rid of the Nazis. Does anyone feel like registering a complaint to the CRA????
__________________
Go 'Cats Go

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 22, 2016 at 3:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:20 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.