Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc
The SBJ hosted their "Redefining the Core" event today:
For those of you who wonder why Sacramento doesn't sprout housing units like zits on a 15 year old's forehead, this comes from a report on today's meeting:
|
I'm curious what rents they would need to collect to "pencil out" considering some of the outrageous rents in Sacramento's central city?
You would think the city of Sacramento would streamline the process and make it cheaper for developers. That combined with cheaper costs of land might help.
Although as I said earlier,, I seriously doubt that there will ever be a strictly residential tower built in Sacramento since banks are unwilling to take a chance on the market. A project that involves anything other than wood or prefab construction is probably a non starter. The exception may be Yamanee in Midtown. Sacramento really needs to help Yamanee succeed so it encourages banks and developers to push the envelop with future projects in Sacramento's central city.