Quote:
Originally Posted by Near North Resident
Phase 1 of Cabrini Green (3 large lots) has been changed from the end of april to now the end of june with their request for proposals
they are like molasses... and I guess not highrises, but yeah
|
I think we'll probably see some midrises at least. CHA shifted the RFP to focus on denser development as a way to underwrite more public housing units and support walkable neighborhood services.
I don't know how the negotiations have been progressing with the Cabrini LAC or neighborhood groups like NNUP, so maybe the density was reduced behind closed doors. That would be a shame. This area should be developed with nothing less than more midrises, like the ones already built at ParkSide or the new one going up at the CityFarm site.
I'm also disappointed with the high levels of parking provided in these midrises. The Division bus could be better but the Halsted bus is quite frequent and the site is walking distance to the Red Line at North/Clybourn or LaSalle.