HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 9, 2016, 5:06 PM
Keith P.'s Avatar
Keith P. Keith P. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastal View Post
I'm not sure about your declaration that churches are "notorious" for making poor choices for conversion. I feel like I've seen several examples that appear successful (the former church on Queen St. is better than the one on Robie, in my opinion, but both are at least interesting), but never been pointed to anything that would build a case for notoriety.
I was thinking about both of those when making my comment. The one on Robie was an early one in Halifax and did not turn out very well. The wall on Robie that was added to the front of the building masks some of the original design and looks rather unattractive. I believe the units are now rentals. The one on Queen was always challenging because the building was small to begin with and seems to have had a lot of turnover. It does not particularly "read" as a church in terms of design which may be a plus for some. I have never been inside but it appears rather cramped.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.