renderings suggest a mechanical penthouse two office floors high and a parapet wall one office floor high making up the crown.
Does anyone know for certain whether they're prepping the top of the tower for perhaps pre-built sections of the crown or are they actually building the crown from scratch?
Sounds heavy. Why wouldn't they build it piece by piece? It's just a wall of glass in front of a mechanical box with a slight inward slope. Pretty straight forward.
Does anyone know for certain whether they're prepping the top of the tower for perhaps pre-built sections of the crown or are they actually building the crown from scratch?
They are building it piece by piece, pretty typical for this type of construction.
This is the best look at the construction of the crown. It'll rise a storey worth of height about the top of the concrete core. I a bit of a glass bowl. I remember seeing the model of the crown at Calgary Planning Commission. Looked really cool.
This is the best look at the construction of the crown. It'll rise a storey worth of height about the top of the concrete core. I a bit of a glass bowl. I remember seeing the model of the crown at Calgary Planning Commission. Looked really cool.
Yep, two floors for the mechanical penthouse and a one storey parapet
From the plans, some overlay and scaling of the pdf in CAD I can determine that the tower is 42.1m W x 63.1m L. 42.1m wide can be seen clearly on pg 24.
The dimensions along the east face is 850mm face to center of column; 6700 column to column; 9000 x 3; 6700; 850 to face = 42.1m.
The dimensions along the north face is 850mm face to center of column; 6700 column to column; 9000 x 2; 12000; 9000 x 2; 6700; 850 = 63.1m.
If I scale the section to equal a height of 247m to top of parapet, the length measures and matches the 63.1m.
If I scale the section to equal a height of 254m to top of parapet, the length measures 65.0m and doesn't match up.