Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKGUY
The hotel you mention still is The Radisson. I agree it is hideous. Mostly because it is so tall & prominent so on a cloudy day looks even uglier, just blends into the sky and the street, yuk!
I am not sure what can be done but something would be nice. I fear the hotel owners, Canada Inns and Mr Leo Ledehowski will say it not feasible to do so.
Also, I have recently mentioned how begging for a reclad is 433 Main street in its bile baby poop colour and the west concrete 18 floor wall of the Kensington Bldg on Portage avenue.
Also, the current Fairmont and Delta facades could be improved as well. IMO.
|
You are bang on. The Delta concrete nastiness was painted an off-white, no? It is definitely brighter than it was years ago.
Canad Inns: ugh. I hope they do something to the Radisdon facade, as it is so depressing I simply cannot look at it.
The Fairmont would look amazing reclad in glass. As far as the Richardson, there has to be done scheme that could freshen it up and update it.