Quote:
Originally Posted by blorkishdork
Cro, Thanks for the information. That is really rough and doesn't make any sense. I was happy because I assumed this happened to all properties (vacant land and parking lots included). But if what you say is true, I think the city opened a huge can of worms. Many of the people buying abated property are part of this yuppy class, but many of the people are professionals which includes lawyers. This is really unfortunate, because many, including myself, are really OK with paying a few more hundred dollars (or whatever it is) in taxes. But it should be done properly and fairly which means across the board. This won't be a huge issue for me tho in the end, my house was a renovation and not new construction so the amount abated was already on the small side. Still just annoying and way now I'm starting to ramble.
|
Well hopefully parking lots, etc are next. Maybe they're doing it in waves.
I noticed this change for both of my properties. I hope there is more to follow. If they go through with it, could be transformative for many of our lots....