Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike
^It was supposed to connect Chinatown and little Italy. Which was important for some reason.
I'm guessing that the 84st and LRT ROW improvments and maybe Stadium Road are part of the $12M or so that the city will spend on the area as part of their TOD agreement with Brookfield?
|
That is an odd reason for that stretch.. But I guess they're trying to achieve some synergy with the nice little area of 95 North of 107, and the busy Chinatown district on 97 south of 107. Two very different areas with different feels though.
Yes, $14 mil actually I believe is for improvements directly on the site, so the pedestrian oriented roadway connecting Jasper and Stadium roads, and whatever servicing may be required. Brookfield will be required to move on at least a portion of the project within the next two years or that funding will expire
The LRT improvements are not part of that budget, those funds are coming from a capital budget to improve the aesthetic of the line and pathways (or as I like to say, finally finish the line) and I believe Stadium road and the Jasper ace improvements are coming from the neighbourhood renewal budgets