Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
So why not just make a smaller tunnel just for light rail instead of making a larger tunnel for an interstate? Where would this new commuter rail go that the light rail wouldn't?
|
I would like to see an I-5 commuter rail put in, I actually would prefer this connecting to SW Washington over light rail due to it being able to offer faster service with limited stops and have it stop a few places on the Washington side, have it stop downtown, then have it run down to downtown Salem with a few stops in between.
Have the streetcar function for the city of Portland, have light rail to function for the metro, and have a commuter rail function for the region. (Plus a commuter rail would be a great way to push for that subway tunnel under downtown that some people really want.)