Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh222
My one problem with this building is that, as of now, it's not tall enough. This is a building that should define and be the pinnacle of the Brooklyn skyline for decades. At barely over 1000 feet, it could easily be surpassed within 5-10 of its completion. They have the ability (I think). They should try to add a few hundred feet so that this is the gorgeous building that everything in Brooklyn looks up to for the next few decades, not a building that is looked down on or lost amid a sea of height.
|
It could be 800 ft, and that would be tall enough. If this were in Midtown or lower Manhattan, I would say it should be taller, as I feel for the Tower Verre. However, even though Brooklyn has been building new "tallest" for the last few years, I don't think there will be a parade of supertalls storming the borough. Even if another tower does top this one, there aren't many towers nearing this height in Brooklyn. Besides, there is the issue of size. It's a nicely designed, thin tower. Just stretching it out further does not guarantee the same quality of design.