HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5561  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 4:41 PM
Liberty Wellsian Liberty Wellsian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 810
Even if done somewhat poorly this is so much better than what is there now. Even if this ends up feeling like a piece of costume jewelry I'd prefer that to another meh apartment building. A little bit of tacky is better than an entire city of bland in my book.
     
     
  #5562  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 8:56 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,754
This developments appealing style, the historic hipster neighborhood just to the east of 700, Trolley Square across the street, and TRAX within a short walk will make this a very attractive place to live. I think the demand could be pretty heavy for this complex, even if it does go a little pricey. Perhaps a mix of market and some upscale.

I see where the artist used the mountains to the east of Thanksgiving Point as a backdrop. I wish they would put some of this style into Thanksgiving Point. This would have been a natural fit in style to go along with the gardens and many other visitor attractions.

Hmm, Hey Mr. Mecham, Thank you for your continued interest in the growth of Sugar House. Could you please develop something more along this line vs. what your proposing for your latest apt. complex.


Last edited by delts145; Mar 4, 2016 at 9:14 PM.
     
     
  #5563  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 10:22 PM
ajiuO's Avatar
ajiuO ajiuO is offline
A.K.A. Vigo
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,998
This is what is going where Bayleaf use to be... I miss Bayleaf :-/

http://www.mollieandollie.com
__________________
On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a
throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!
     
     
  #5564  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 11:44 PM
linguisize's Avatar
linguisize linguisize is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
This is what is going where Bayleaf use to be... I miss Bayleaf :-/

http://www.mollieandollie.com
Maybe we'll still be able to get perfectly greasy southern food at 2am. Maybe?... I miss Bayleaf too.
     
     
  #5565  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 11:57 PM
ajiuO's Avatar
ajiuO ajiuO is offline
A.K.A. Vigo
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by linguisize View Post
Maybe we'll still be able to get perfectly greasy southern food at 2am. Maybe?... I miss Bayleaf too.
I doubt it... I think it might be like a vegan salad type of place. We will find out soon enough.

Also the weird Italian shoe store that recently opens next door to Yankee candles at CCC is already gone... CCC doesn't seem to be having much luck keeping that space leased out.
__________________
On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a
throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!
     
     
  #5566  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 12:09 AM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
This developments appealing style, the historic hipster neighborhood just to the east of 700, Trolley Square across the street, and TRAX within a short walk will make this a very attractive place to live. I think the demand could be pretty heavy for this complex, even if it does go a little pricey. Perhaps a mix of market and some upscale.

I see where the artist used the mountains to the east of Thanksgiving Point as a backdrop. I wish they would put some of this style into Thanksgiving Point. This would have been a natural fit in style to go along with the gardens and many other visitor attractions.

Hmm, Hey Mr. Mecham, Thank you for your continued interest in the growth of Sugar House. Could you please develop something more along this line vs. what your proposing for your latest apt. complex.

No he can't because he's got no vision.
     
     
  #5567  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 12:20 AM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by linguisize View Post
Maybe we'll still be able to get perfectly greasy southern food at 2am. Maybe?... I miss Bayleaf too.
Oh god, the bayleaf was good.
     
     
  #5568  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 1:11 AM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
No he can't because he's got no vision.
Agreed. 🞵🞵🞵 happened to the sugar hood?
     
     
  #5569  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 1:13 AM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
Also the weird Italian shoe store that recently opens next door to Yankee candles at CCC is already gone... CCC doesn't seem to be having much luck keeping that space leased out.
That was a temporary store just like the game store. The mall is still waiting on the tenants they want to sign for the spaces.
     
     
  #5570  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 12:25 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,754
I actually think this height looks great from this angle. Add another of similar height and you have the makings of a very respectable skyline. Of course, the mountains from the other angles will always make it incomparable.

Mockup By HighRise_Mike
     
     
  #5571  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 2:40 PM
EPdesign EPdesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
Delts. I agree. And the 111 isnt even on that picture. Now imagine if you also included 111, 151, and the regent street hotel.
     
     
  #5572  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 4:41 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,754
Yeah, 111 would be to the left and fairly prominent. That alone would make quite the skyline infill from that angle. With 111, a tall slender CCH doesn't seem lonely at all from that vantage point.
     
     
  #5573  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 7:45 PM
bflatflat9 bflatflat9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post
Delts. I agree. And the 111 isnt even on that picture. Now imagine if you also included 111, 151, and the regent street hotel.
Add in the Air?Center, and that angle will really look sizeable.
     
     
  #5574  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 11:59 PM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflatflat9 View Post
Add in the Air?Center, and that angle will really look sizeable.
That ain't ever gonna happen.
     
     
  #5575  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2016, 2:22 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,754
Photo Bump: Even the most begrudging forum member can't get past this fact. There is no major metro in the top 50 that can touch the backdrop of the Wasatch Front.


http://plan.cap.utah.edu
     
     
  #5576  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2016, 3:41 PM
curtb87's Avatar
curtb87 curtb87 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
That ain't ever gonna happen.
Not ever gonna happen!? You mean to say VOID Corporate Center is dead?
     
     
  #5577  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2016, 7:27 PM
Utah_Dave Utah_Dave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 699
Cch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
The following is my imagined layout for the CCH and Residential on the North site. No inside knowledge of any plans, just my thoughts:

CCH1 by makid, on Flickr

Green: Open Space
Black: Underground parking and service connections. Work with CCR to use the existing parking connection to reduce curb cuts and pedestrian crossings.
Purple: 35 Story (400') Residential building
Red: New meeting space (extends under Blue) and new Welcome Center/Gift Shop
Blue: 45 Story (550') 1,200 room CCH tower.

This would allow 2 towers, both skinnier than a combined single tower.

The Red meeting space area could be open space on the top to allow for additional outdoor space for meetings, conventions, restaurant or other purpose.

HandsomeJohn, I hope you success in your next project and I would love to see what you could do with the APS land.
If it is going to be a mixed use project with both hotel and convention center, I would be happy with something to this affect. Otherwise I think the building would be too wide... In my opinion, to fit all they are looking to do. Looking at the renderings of the LA hotel, it makes the surrounding buildings look kinda funny proportionally. And I don't think we will be lucky enough to get something like the LA hotel. For the record, I would be happy with something like the LA hotel size wise. Let's cross our fingers and see what we get. Tall and thin please
     
     
  #5578  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2016, 7:38 PM
Utah_Dave Utah_Dave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 699
Could someone put the Phoenix Sheraton hotel in the proposed north location so we can see what that would do? I would appreciate it!

Thanks
     
     
  #5579  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2016, 7:47 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Dave View Post
If it is going to be a mixed use project with both hotel and convention center, I would be happy with something to this affect. Otherwise I think the building would be too wide... In my opinion, to fit all they are looking to do. Looking at the renderings of the LA hotel, it makes the surrounding buildings look kinda funny proportionally. And I don't think we will be lucky enough to get something like the LA hotel. For the record, I would be happy with something like the LA hotel size wise. Let's cross our fingers and see what we get. Tall and thin please
The red area above is only going to be 2-3 stories tall, meeting space. So, the entire building isn't going to be that wide. The new CCH does have to include new meeting space.
     
     
  #5580  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2016, 8:30 PM
airhero airhero is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 968
Hi everyone. Took some pics of a few projects today.

Liberty Crest:


Paragon Station:


Alta Gateway. I really like how this one is turning out:


A couple pics of 400 West apartments. It's really hard to get a good pic showing how big this thing is:




And the fence around Hardware Station. Hopefully they get their building permit soon:


Also, maybe this question has been answered, but does anyone know if the residential and office and plaza for Hardware Station will be constructed at the same time? I just noticed that the fence surrounds only the area where the residential is going.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:34 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.