Quote:
Originally Posted by JVC
totally agree - but instead of making the area pedestrian friendly they chose to make it stormwater friendly
here's a suggestion - do what they do with most massive gothic cathedrals: create a large open plaza with nice paving and steps that lots of people can sit on
and don't hide the incredible facade behind a screen of trees
|
Well you could open your wallet for them. Believe it or not, the old church has been going under a lot of renovations, which have been very costly. Over a million dollars for the organ renovation and they keep going. They will be adding some nice lighting that will not add to the horrible light pollution that is all over the city. At least the church will do its part unlike 99% of the city with regards to light pollution. I applaud the current minister, who is a super person and cares greatly for the community. He has great concern for what happens to the people that are being priced out for example. I don't agree with him on that, because I believe that area needs to be brought back to something nice as it was designed, not a slum, but I respect his views of course. That is a great church (the people) that really has super poor to somewhat wealthy as members. I like the green space and really don't think we need more concrete. We are just a little city, not a mega city with tons of people.