[QUOTE=prelude91;7342785]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarWind
February 19, 2016
...
Whelp, looks like the ugliest new building in Chicago (arguably) will be on full display for the remainder of our lives. Very disappointing.
|
[QUOTE=marothisu;7342789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91
The base to this thing is so unfortunate. It's bad. Very bad.
|
Originally it didn't have any windows on the north side, so unfortunate as it may be it is an improvement over what it could have been ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician
Our construction boom is about to kick into hyperdrive. We're even starting to see more and more proposals in the neighborhoods.
I really hope we don't slam into a recession. I realize there is an aura of misbelief out there ("is this a bubble?" "Is there really this much demand?") but I'd like to think that this will be more sustained, not unlike the suburban housing subdivision boom of the past 50 years.
|
Near North is CRAAAAAZY right now, but yeah, I was around the further north lakefront and there was a lot more going on than I expected. It's some serious construction activity in the areas commonly included in the "Global Chicago" areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw777
It looks like we mentioned it briefly back in Jan 2311
|
What year are you living in? I thought it was only 2016 now, not the 24th century ...