HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #741  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 8:57 AM
Marshal Marshal is offline
perhaps . . .
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Oh well, pretty much the same thing. Thanks for the info though!
Hi Chad. I haven't talked to you yet, and you seem to be famous around here.
Forgive SpongeG, but everyone likes to hear things said and named correctly.
And it's not pretty much the same thing; to a Vancouverite, "Lions Gate Mountains" sounds about as right as "Robson Mountain," or maybe "Nose Mounds Park."
The "gate" is the first narrows/bridge, the Lions are the Lions, North Lion and South Lion. A day hike with a precarious climb. If you manage to get to the top in summer, you get to wave at tourists in helicopters.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #742  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 3:06 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
__________________
Strong & Free

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #743  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 4:21 PM
KnoxfordGuy's Avatar
KnoxfordGuy KnoxfordGuy is offline
New Brunswick booster!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Posts: 2,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Great Halifax shot!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #744  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 7:23 PM
Monolith's Avatar
Monolith Monolith is offline
Pacific Breeze
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southwestern British Columbia
Posts: 1,234

DSC_6A549_edited.jpg Vancouver Transit on Main street
by camera30f, on Flickr Taken on February 6, 2016


downtown Vancouver
by Ben, on Flickr Taken on February 6, 2016


The Sweet Light
by Clayton Perry, on Flickr Taken on January 9, 2016


Paddler & Seagull
by Berni Andrew, on Flickr Uploaded on January 10, 2016
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #745  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 10:10 PM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,724
I know I've said I don't like over Photoshoped images but I'm a sucker for a good tilt shift.

[IMG]Winter Blue Hour in Miniature Town by Katrin Shumakov, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Elegant Giants of Toronto Downtown by Katrin Shumakov, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Miniature Ballet School of Toy-ronto by Katrin Shumakov, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Toy-ronto's Winter with Mini Renaissance Revival by Katrin Shumakov, on Flickr[/IMG]
__________________
"Less is more" – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #746  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 5:49 PM
RueBulmer RueBulmer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Montreal
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
My apologies. I get the message. I have edited my posts. Although I tried, I'm not sure I can do anything about the images in RueBulmer's post where I was quoted.
Don't do anything. I complained but I loved the shots. Keep them coming. It's February and I'd rather look at your cheery blossoms and bulbs than the frozen lunar landscape outside my living room window.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #747  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 5:54 PM
RueBulmer RueBulmer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Montreal
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
I know I've said I don't like over Photoshoped images but I'm a sucker for a good tilt shift.

[IMG]Winter Blue Hour in Miniature Town by Katrin Shumakov, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Elegant Giants of Toronto Downtown by Katrin Shumakov, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Miniature Ballet School of Toy-ronto by Katrin Shumakov, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Toy-ronto's Winter with Mini Renaissance Revival by Katrin Shumakov, on Flickr[/IMG]
Sneaky! After your comment about photoshop it took me longer than I'd like to admit to recognize it as a model. And the one after, I asked myself "what did they use for snow? Oh... Wait"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #749  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 8:32 PM
RueBulmer RueBulmer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Montreal
Posts: 254
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #750  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 8:59 PM
franktko's Avatar
franktko franktko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by RueBulmer View Post
Where is that industrial site?
Two different areas. The first one (2nd pic) is in the east end:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5512486,-73.5251152,607a,20y,231.92h,49.07t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

The third picture is from Pointe-Saint-Charles:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.4737274,-73.5494457,582a,20y,271.81h,47.71t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #751  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 9:31 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by RueBulmer View Post
Don't do anything. I complained but I loved the shots. Keep them coming. It's February and I'd rather look at your cheery blossoms and bulbs than the frozen lunar landscape outside my living room window.
Ya I don't really know why anyone would have a problem with you posting some pics of bulbs and blossoms...

It's a nice change from the endless sea of leafless grey trees from my window.

I say ignore the complainers and keep em commin!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #752  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 10:52 PM
Daveography's Avatar
Daveography Daveography is offline
Klatuu Barada Nikto
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Island of Misfit Architecture
Posts: 4,483
RueBulmer, when replying to a post with photos, please don't quote the entire post; it's not necessary to see the same photos a second time immediately after the original post. This gets worse the more photos are there.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #753  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 11:08 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
the tiltshift pics - do they get done in photoshop after or do you use a setting? my camera has a til shift setting but i've never tried it out
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #754  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 11:13 PM
franktko's Avatar
franktko franktko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
the tiltshift pics - do they get done in photoshop after or do you use a setting? my camera has a til shift setting but i've never tried it out
Tilt-shift is actually a lense. But they have reproduced the effect digitally in photoshop. I guess your camera does this on the fly just like photoshop...

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #755  
Old Posted Feb 11, 2016, 7:57 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
ok thanks, yeah its like a filter option you can apply
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #756  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 11:23 PM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
the tiltshift pics - do they get done in photoshop after or do you use a setting? my camera has a til shift setting but i've never tried it out
It's simple to do in photoshop without a fancy lens or camera. There are tons of tutorials on YouTube that show you how it's done. Her pics look like photoshop jobs to me.
__________________
"Less is more" – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #757  
Old Posted Feb 16, 2016, 1:21 AM
shappy's Avatar
shappy shappy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,345








my pics
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #758  
Old Posted Feb 16, 2016, 3:30 AM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #759  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 6:18 PM
thmx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Content removed
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #760  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 6:39 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Amazing photos on this page!
__________________
Strong & Free

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.