HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 6:19 AM
Temperance Temperance is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuniau View Post
Human scale is found at street level, not in the sky. A thousand-storey building is not incompatible with being "human scaled".
I know where you're coming from but living in Amsterdam I see the advantage of medium density - which still gets you a lot of people living in an area. I actually do see massive apartment blocks as being pretty inhospitable (just think of housing projects). I think there is far too much of this in the Rendez Vous proposal. Big apartment blocks surrounded by streets. There are parks but they seem to be mostly around the edges of the development.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:40 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.