HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6821  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 4:39 PM
losangelesnative's Avatar
losangelesnative losangelesnative is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 357
Yes they are leasing 14,000 square feet in the red building
     
     
  #6822  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 11:24 PM
Resident Resident is offline
BikeMike
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miracle Mile, formerly DTLA
Posts: 193
The Chargers applied for trademarks LA Chargers and Los Angeles Chargers over the last couple of days. Infer what you will.
     
     
  #6823  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 1:59 AM
King Kill 'em King Kill 'em is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 1,230
Looks like some tracts have been upzoned in the Mid City area and along the Crenshaw Expo Intersection for future TOD

http://planning.lacity.org/documents/policy/WAdams.pdf
     
     
  #6824  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 3:17 AM
cesar90 cesar90 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 433
10000 SANTA MONICA

[IMG][/IMG]
     
     
  #6825  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 5:32 PM
blackcat23's Avatar
blackcat23 blackcat23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,445
http://urbanize.la/post/first-look-6200-sunset-boulevard

Renderings for 6200 Sunset Boulevard, the Hanover Company's proposed seven-story development in Hollywood. 270 residential units and 12,400 square feet of retail space.

Design by Steinberg Architects.



     
     
  #6826  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 7:15 PM
losangelesnative's Avatar
losangelesnative losangelesnative is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 357
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-inglewood-real-estate-20160120-story.html

Inglewood's real estate is heating up ahead of the Rams/Crenshaw Line/ and renovated Forum
     
     
  #6827  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 12:01 AM
King Kill 'em King Kill 'em is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 1,230
     
     
  #6828  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 12:40 AM
Wally West Wally West is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kill 'em View Post
No one is going to worry about gentrification there since that lot has been empty for ~15 years. It's been an eyesore for nearly 2 decades and I'm sure people would rather have more retail and housing instead of empty buildings.
     
     
  #6829  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 1:58 AM
King Kill 'em King Kill 'em is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
No one is going to worry about gentrification there since that lot has been empty for ~15 years. It's been an eyesore for nearly 2 decades and I'm sure people would rather have more retail and housing instead of empty buildings.
I realized that after reading the comments section which is usually full of NIMBYs on the La times. This along with the eventual LRT or BRT along Van Nuys blvd. will be great.
     
     
  #6830  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 4:19 PM
blackcat23's Avatar
blackcat23 blackcat23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,445
http://urbanize.la/post/two-large-apartment-complexes-planned-koreatown

Jamison Services working on plans for two residential developments in Koreatown.

Seven-story building with 160 residential units and 10,000 s.f. of retail space at 7th/Western/Manhattan, and a seven-story building with 224 apartments at 4th and Normandie.

     
     
  #6831  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 4:44 PM
hughfb3 hughfb3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 912
Oh my gosh! This is for real! There is a stop Manhattanwood.org Billboard on Vine Street just north of Santa Monica Blvd. I can't believe this! Can somebody get up there and Tag it please! Go Manhattanwood. Or do we need to contact somebody Who can raise money to put up a wise city planning development billboard. What do I need to do to voice my opinion about what's going right with Hollywood?

Do these people not remember what Hollywood was like in the '90s and early 2000's? Yes there was much less traffic, but it was awful and depressed. I feel people need an education lesson on where we've come from in Hollywood and the potential possibilities with what's next.

Any web designers wanna take on a new site called GoHollywood.org? Then we can fund raise for billboards

Last edited by hughfb3; Jan 21, 2016 at 5:23 PM.
     
     
  #6832  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 5:05 PM
ByTheBay ByTheBay is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
Oh my gosh! This is for real! There is a stop Manhattanwood.org Billboard on Vine Street just north of Santa Monica Blvd. I can't believe this! Can somebody get up there and Tag it please! Go Manhattanwood. Or do we need to contact somebody Who can raise money to put up a wise city planning development billboard. What do I need to do to voice my opinion about what's going right with Hollywood?
I think it would be funny if someone played by the NIMBY's game and put up a 'stop Bakersfieldwood' Billboard across the street! GoFundMe anyone?
     
     
  #6833  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 5:42 PM
colemonkee's Avatar
colemonkee colemonkee is offline
Ridin' into the sunset
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,289
Depending on the location of the board, you would need anywhere from $4,500 - $10,000 to put up a counter billboard for a month. Easily something you could raise with a GoFundMe. If you can raise that, I will donate my time to secure the board, as I've done plenty of that in the past.
__________________
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon
     
     
  #6834  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 6:32 PM
Wilcal Wilcal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Yucaipa--LA exurban wasteland
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Depending on the location of the board, you would need anywhere from $4,500 - $10,000 to put up a counter billboard for a month. Easily something you could raise with a GoFundMe. If you can raise that, I will donate my time to secure the board, as I've done plenty of that in the past.
Given such costs, it makes you wonder who or what is funding that group
     
     
  #6835  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 7:19 PM
Wally West Wally West is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
Oh my gosh! This is for real! There is a stop Manhattanwood.org Billboard on Vine Street just north of Santa Monica Blvd. I can't believe this! Can somebody get up there and Tag it please! Go Manhattanwood.
Not that I encourage such actions but the most effective tagging would be adding a "Can't" in front of stop so the billboard can read "Can't Stop Manhattanwood".

When I was daydreaming, I was thinking about buying billboards in the suburbs of LA stating "You are traffic". Seeing lots of people in Reddit having their mind blown at that thought shows me that lots of people don't realize how density is a more efficient option than having a 30 mile commute from Valencia to Brentwood. Another billboard I daydreamed about were to ask people if any city became more affordable by denying density or asking people if they think Hollywood's character is defined by parking lots and strip malls.

A man can dream...

But for the record, I'll gladly pitch in 30 bucks for a pro-development billboard. The media only hears about NIMBYs, we should really make an effort to have the media report about YIMBYs.
     
     
  #6836  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 9:59 PM
losangelesnative's Avatar
losangelesnative losangelesnative is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 357
     
     
  #6837  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 10:14 PM
a9l8e7n's Avatar
a9l8e7n a9l8e7n is offline
Los Angeles Aficionado
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 238
Blvd 6200 Phase 2 Webcam

     
     
  #6838  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 10:34 PM
King Kill 'em King Kill 'em is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 1,230
What do you think the punishment would be if I got caught vandalize the stop Manhattanwood billboard. If it's just like a slap on the wrist it would be worth it I think

As for fighting the nimbys we need to start an organization against them now. I'm all done with college apps and have a lot of free time now. I'm in all the way and want to help as much as I possibly can.
     
     
  #6839  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 11:27 PM
colemonkee's Avatar
colemonkee colemonkee is offline
Ridin' into the sunset
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,289
^ At the very least it would be charges of trespassing and vandalism, so not recommended at all. Always best to fight legally.

Love the Blvd 6200 web cam. Has a great view of Columbia Square and the office building just off the 101 that I can never remember the name of.
__________________
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon
     
     
  #6840  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 11:53 PM
Wally West Wally West is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kill 'em View Post
If it's just like a slap on the wrist it would be worth it I think

As for fighting the nimbys we need to start an organization against them now. I'm all done with college apps and have a lot of free time now. I'm in all the way and want to help as much as I possibly can.
It's a very high penalty and I assume you'd get caught since you're not used to vandalism. It's certainly not worth the risk. But with the money that you'd be willing to pay for the fine, you can easily use that money for a GoFundMe project to support a positive billboard. That would certainly help.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:39 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.