Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh
My take has been that the inclusion of an arena by devcore was a cynical ploy to pacify sens fans during the consultations phase, and the arena would have been dropped should they not be able to come to a lease agreement with the sens. I still see a possible scenario where they win the bid and melnyk capitulates, but devcore fired the first shot by leaking the arena inclusion, and melnyk is firing back now to try to get the upper hand back during the consultations. I'm sure the NCC isn't happy but I doubt they're going to do anything about it at this point
|
Interesting theory. But how would the NCC allow them to drop the arena? The basic deal is the developer gets some prime land and in return builds something various levels of government want but aren't willing to pay for, at least transparently. If you drop the nationally significant... you can't get to keep the land.