HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley


    Station Square V in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Burnaby Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #801  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2015, 2:51 AM
Sheba Sheba is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: BC
Posts: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Cat View Post
Two Dairy Queens
Getting away from food, there's:

Two Aldo (I though there were more)
Two Body Mods
Three Bell
Two Champs
Two Claire's (second is Icing By Claire's)
Three Eccotique
Two Fido
Two Guess
Two Le Chateau
Two Lids

...and that's only the first half of the alphabet. Metrotown is big enough that I guess it's worth it to have locations at either end.

Hell even Station Square is supposed to have two Caffe Artigiano.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #802  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 9:43 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,794
Posted today by Yellow Fever -
looks to be 2 elevator cores shown:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #803  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 3:17 AM
JamesOwnz JamesOwnz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Cat View Post
Two Dairy Queens
pffft they don't count.. stupid Orange Julius hybrids.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #804  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 8:29 AM
Spr0ckets Spr0ckets is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesOwnz View Post
pffft they don't count.. stupid Orange Julius hybrids.
What Metrotown/Station Square needs:

(one or more of any, would be nice)

- a Harvey's
- a Wendy's
- a DQ ( a proper one)
- a Denny's or White Spot (yes, I know there's one of each and a Wendy's further down the road on Kingsway.
- Church's Chicken
- a Carl's Jr/Hardee's (do those even exist in Vancouver?)
- a Fatburger
- Five Guy's
- Red Robin
- Steak-N-Shake (also probably don't exist in Van.....or Canada)
- a Jack in the Box......

......and in the " a man can dream" category.....:

In-N-Out and Whataburger.
( Yeah, I know.... I know....; never gonna happen)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #805  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 12:10 PM
GeeCee's Avatar
GeeCee GeeCee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 2,816
Burger joints aren't really the direction that the Metrotown area is moving in. It's largely not white people who are buying into the new condo towers going up there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #806  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 2:54 PM
trofirhen trofirhen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,055
I always thought Knight and Day was a good restaurant. It would not be classified as a "burger joint," either, I don't think, though the fare is Canadian.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #807  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 4:35 PM
GeeCee's Avatar
GeeCee GeeCee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
I always thought Knight and Day was a good restaurant. It would not be classified as a "burger joint," either, I don't think, though the fare is Canadian.
The Knight and Day on Kingsway near Metrotown/Station Square is long gone. It's now a Korean place.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #808  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 5:02 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
I always thought Knight and Day was a good restaurant. It would not be classified as a "burger joint," either, I don't think, though the fare is Canadian.
You thought Knight and Day was a good restaurant? How many Michelin stars did you give Denny's?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #809  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 5:55 PM
Sheba Sheba is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: BC
Posts: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckets View Post
What Metrotown/Station Square needs:

(one or more of any, would be nice)

- a Harvey's
- a Wendy's
- a DQ ( a proper one)
- a Denny's or White Spot (yes, I know there's one of each and a Wendy's further down the road on Kingsway.
- Church's Chicken
- a Carl's Jr/Hardee's (do those even exist in Vancouver?)
- a Fatburger
- Five Guy's
- Red Robin
- Steak-N-Shake (also probably don't exist in Van.....or Canada)
- a Jack in the Box......

......and in the " a man can dream" category.....:

In-N-Out and Whataburger.
( Yeah, I know.... I know....; never gonna happen)
What's going in to Station Square: Neptune Wonton / Sports Bar, Boston Pizza, Freshii, Tim Hortons and Subway. The only other place announced so far is Caffe Artigiano. It's definitely not planning on being the burger heaven you dream of.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #810  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 6:50 PM
Tetsuo Tetsuo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
You thought Knight and Day was a good restaurant? How many Michelin stars did you give Denny's?
3 Michelin stars from me when its 3AM and I'm drunk and hungry

Hopefully the Boston Pizza is a new franchisee, the one there previously sucked.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #811  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 12:44 AM
Sheba Sheba is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: BC
Posts: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckets View Post
What Metrotown/Station Square needs:

(one or more of any, would be nice)

...

( Yeah, I know.... I know....; never gonna happen)
So I looked up all those burger places you listed - Steak-N-Shake, Jack in the Box, In-N-Out and Whataburger do not exist up here (hell some of them don't exist until you get down to southern Oregon).

But... one little thing to make you somewhat happy - there are a few Carl's Jr locations. There's Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Port Moody and 625 Howe St, Vancouver.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #812  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 1:01 AM
WBC WBC is offline
Transit User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Metrotown/Downtown
Posts: 813
What Metrotown needs and it does not have to be in the mall:

- produce store (Kins or Langley farm market)
- Cobs Bread
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #813  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 2:24 AM
Sheba Sheba is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: BC
Posts: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC View Post
What Metrotown needs and it does not have to be in the mall:

- produce store (Kins or Langley farm market)
- Cobs Bread
There used to be a Langley Farm Market (in the main hallway towards the Bay) - they moved to 12th Ave and Kingsway. I'm guessing how much they were paying in rent played a big part of that. While there are a couple of small bakeries in the mall, I'd suspect a more straight up bread store would have the same problem. I doubt Station Square rent will be all that much lower.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #814  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 2:32 AM
logan5's Avatar
logan5 logan5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mt.Pleasant - The New Downtown South
Posts: 8,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckets View Post
What Metrotown/Station Square needs:

(one or more of any, would be nice)

- a Harvey's
- a Wendy's
- a DQ ( a proper one)
- a Denny's or White Spot (yes, I know there's one of each and a Wendy's further down the road on Kingsway.
- Church's Chicken
- a Carl's Jr/Hardee's (do those even exist in Vancouver?)
- a Fatburger
- Five Guy's
- Red Robin
- Steak-N-Shake (also probably don't exist in Van.....or Canada)
- a Jack in the Box......

......and in the " a man can dream" category.....:

In-N-Out and Whataburger.
( Yeah, I know.... I know....; never gonna happen)
The plan is to create a Yaletown type of look and feel, as far as the restaurant end of it goes. I know they won't deviate from that plan.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #815  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 4:35 AM
memememe76 memememe76 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 843
With the exceptions of those establishments that have little or no presence in Canada/Vancouver, Guildford has all of those. I'm pretty sure that this is not Metrotown's endgame.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #816  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 5:22 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,123
no more red robin that place was always good
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #817  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 6:10 AM
WBC WBC is offline
Transit User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Metrotown/Downtown
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
There used to be a Langley Farm Market (in the main hallway towards the Bay) - they moved to 12th Ave and Kingsway. I'm guessing how much they were paying in rent played a big part of that. While there are a couple of small bakeries in the mall, I'd suspect a more straight up bread store would have the same problem. I doubt Station Square rent will be all that much lower.
Yes, Langley farm market used to be in the mall and I loved it. Very convenient for me... But they have been gone for several years now. They used to have huge sales but probably had to move due to rents. However, Metrotown has a lot of old retail space outside of the mall that could easily host a nice produce store...Old Orchard Mall would be a perfect spot - parking and everything... And Kins Farm Market is found in other busy malls like Brentwood and Royal Mall in West Van. Same goes for Cobs bread...

On a side note, even though Metrotown has a bunch of grocery stores almost all of them are old, gross and waiting to be torn down and turned into condos. New Save on Foods will be a welcome new addition...And my other wish - Donald's Market!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #818  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 8:01 AM
Sheba Sheba is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: BC
Posts: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC View Post
Yes, Langley farm market used to be in the mall and I loved it. Very convenient for me... But they have been gone for several years now. They used to have huge sales but probably had to move due to rents. However, Metrotown has a lot of old retail space outside of the mall that could easily host a nice produce store...Old Orchard Mall would be a perfect spot - parking and everything... And Kins Farm Market is found in other busy malls like Brentwood and Royal Mall in West Van. Same goes for Cobs bread...

On a side note, even though Metrotown has a bunch of grocery stores almost all of them are old, gross and waiting to be torn down and turned into condos. New Save on Foods will be a welcome new addition...And my other wish - Donald's Market!
I used to go to Langley Farm Market in Metro too. I went to the 'new' location one time and it wasn't that impressive. There are a few smaller fruit & veg stores I check out.

Kingsway has a lot of old retail space - that's bound to be redeveloped, including Old Orchard. I kind of wonder how long it won't take until we hear something about that being replaced with something new and shiny.

It's going to be a PriceSmart Foods and should be open this weekend. Have you been to the Donald's Market at New West Quay?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #819  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 8:37 AM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
no more red robin that place was always good
I also love Red Robbin, I hope its presence from metro Vancouver doesn't disappear.

Red Robbin and White Spot were always my burger joints. Te one downtown with the window over looking Robson or the outside patio was always one of my favorite dinning experiences in Vancouver.

Not everything needs to be overpriced fusion food, cheap sushi, or super expensive steak houses.
__________________
Bridging the Gap
Check out my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/30634635@N03/with/29495547810/ and Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0_0h9qKlhxXFxuAey_q6Q
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #820  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 8:46 AM
GeeCee's Avatar
GeeCee GeeCee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 2,816
Red Robin probably isn't going anywhere, but I don't think it'll be returning to Station Square. The franchiser that ran all of the Red Robin restaurants in Canada was bought out by the US owner earlier this year.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:03 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.