Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seconds
And the reaction from 14th street residents (Presumably largely headed by residents from Eagle Ridge?) regarding the SW Transitway begins:
http://www.readytoengage.ca/
https://twitter.com/Ready2EngageYYC
Not sure where the 'Total Gridlock' statement is coming from, especially as the City's look at the SWCRR impacts suggest a reduction of traffic on 14th street...
Also this:
|
What a bunch of silly people! This is an example of a project with very few negatives, other than disruption during construction. Once complete, there will be the same number of car lanes on 14th but less demand - what more could you ask for!
I know I'm overly critical of transit in Calgary sometimes, but it finally seems like we have a project which is somewhat close to real BRT, and a good compromise of bang for buck. I hope that there are plans to add further improvements over time, as there are still many sections of the whole route which are non optimal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay
These plans look fine, but I'm wondering why they wouldn't make use of the former 14 Street bridge over the Glenmore Dam. The infrastructure is in place and the route could use 50 Ave to cut back over to MRC. I imagine it would be a fairly cheap way of improving travel time by cutting out the mixed traffic portion of the transitway over the causeway.
|
This being a great example. If the dam can't handle it, I think building a parallel bridge could be a great investment. I presume that plant to the north is city owned, so a transitway could be routed through there to 50th, to avoid NIMBYs on 19th St SW.