Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000
If I was a retailer, I would question if I could go three months of the year without the seasonal student population. Does the area have existing residential density to support retail?
|
There's a lot of apartments in the area right now. The old Centennial Olympic Village that turned into apartments along with those apartments that 🞵🞵🞵🞵 along the connector(Not the dorms, but next to it). Add over 700 units(which is probably a 1,000) people and that should be enough for retail?
Regardless, I wouldn't want to live in these apartment personally if I was an urban dweller looking for apartments in the city(unless rents were really cheap). There's nothing close to walk to.
EDIT: Centennial Hill according to walkscore.com(which uses 2010 census stats) has over 5500 residents. Of course, this includes a portion of northern downtown, so even probably 3,500 people at least. Add in 700 units and now that population gets to be 4500-5000 people. That's more than enough for some retail which the area desperately need to become a legitimate urban neighborhood. Walkscore is 78 which isn't bad by Atlanta standards...it becomes less walkable the further north you go probably because the lack of retail in the area.
https://www.walkscore.com/GA/Atlanta/Centennial_Hill