HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3961  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2015, 11:12 PM
bflatflat9 bflatflat9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
This here should be framed and hung in the SLC Planning Division offices, and anywhere where there is hope for a better future.
Or where there is little hope for the future. Or....
SPHansen, I would charge for rights to this image.
     
     
  #3962  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2015, 11:54 PM
ajiuO's Avatar
ajiuO ajiuO is offline
A.K.A. Vigo
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
They tore down eat-a burger and I didn't get to see it???? 😢
     
     
  #3963  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 12:35 AM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Somebody requested to place all of the other proposed/under construction towers into the skyline. Here they are. blue = office; green/blue = hotel; tan = residential

[IMG]SLC 3 by brandinof, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]SLC 2 by brandinof, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]SLC 1 by brandinof, on Flickr[/IMG]
     
     
  #3964  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 6:24 AM
Marvland's Avatar
Marvland Marvland is offline
SLC Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Fairpark
Posts: 674
Amazing work Orlando. Love seeing that massing from different angles. Within a few years, SLC will look almost nothing like it did just pre City Creek.

I was just looking at those images and wondering if they could possibly utilize BOTH parcels at the Salt Palace. One short tower and one tall or something like that?? Maybe I'm just getting greedy.
     
     
  #3965  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 6:36 AM
Highrise_Mike's Avatar
Highrise_Mike Highrise_Mike is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoJo, UT
Posts: 232
Looks awesome Orlando! The locations of all these new towers will look great in the skyline and will fill in some gaps. Even though we don't have a signature 40 floor tower, I sure love seeing a higher density of towers in the skyline. Not to mention that more towers are being proposed off Main Street and expanding the skyline.
     
     
  #3966  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 12:28 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,765
Thanks Orlando, Really enjoyed that post!
     
     
  #3967  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 2:22 PM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Man, I really want 151 to happen. I just think that would be amazing for State Street, for our skyline, and for downtown's economy and vibrancy and street activity. I hope that Boyer is just waiting for 111 Main and the apartments on 2nd East to near finish and then they get the ball rolling.

Awesome Mock-up Orlando.
     
     
  #3968  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 2:33 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
Thanks Orlando; great seeing it from so many different angles. Thank you.

Seeing it this way, I really want the Cascade to be taller than currently planned. If it every happens. I mean, I did before anyway, but now even more.

The Regent Hotel is going to bring even more vibrancy to Gallivan Plaza -- residents and guests coming down to the concerts and other events on a nightly basis, and Gallivan Plaza living up to it's potential as the "city's living room." It will also highlight the blighted surface lot/Carl's Jr, which is my next demolition target.

From this far out, the Zion's Bank surface lot doesn't bother me nearly as much, but from the street (where I should be looking) it's gotta go. Other gaps include the former DV8 and that whole east side of West Temple, although I don't think I'd want to see the single story brick structures on 100 S/West Temple go.

Also, either uncover and restore Dinwoody's (my first choice), or knock it down. Actually, no. Just uncover and restore it. We only have a few historic buildings left in this city. Bring it out.

#AnotherPostWhereISayObviousThingsThatAreObvious
     
     
  #3969  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 2:35 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
...wasn't there a proposal at some point to build a tower on the surface lot at 400 S/State?
     
     
  #3970  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 4:25 PM
Makid Makid is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,109
Orlando, thanks for plotting the locations and rough sizes.

Also, don't forget the new DA Offices on 4th South between Main and State behind the Matheson Courthouse.. I think that is supposed to be around 12 - 15 stories or so.

Also, I do have the location now of the previously unknown location for the new Marriott coming to the city (We have a render somewhere but the location was unknown). UTPlanner had said that he couldn't disclose the location because it was still in process. It is my understanding that the site has closed recently (Last couple of weeks). I do think people will like the location but until something is more public, the location will still be hidden as well. One thing that I can state about the location is that it does remove a surface parking lot.

Additionally, don't expect to hear something about the APS building until after the CCH is finalized.

Additionally, there is a good chance that there will be another fairly large hotel project added to the count in SLC in the next year or so. It again will come more into the light once the CCH is finalized. This is one that isn't on anyone's list yet.

And on that subject, CCH is getting better interest this time around than before. Hopefully that interest continues through the Dec. deadline for submissions.

Lastly: Yes, I do have more information and No, I can't provide it as it isn't public. Also, sorry for the generalities but this information does support the information that I provided previously about the hotel business and growth in SLC.
     
     
  #3971  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 5:08 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
Thanks Makid. Sometimes when people say things like "I know X but I can't tell you about it" it bugs the — out of me. Somehow you manage to do it with enough comforting authority that it makes me feel better about life and this city and wow that Nyquil isn't wearing off and it's amost noon.

In any case. Thanks for the quasi-info. I'll take it.
     
     
  #3972  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 5:32 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,765
Both the North and South site would serve the CCH well. Looking at Orlando's mockup though, I can feel comfortable in leaning toward the North site. That is, if the Center is designed correctly. I would be surprised if the power of CCC doesn't pull the CCH to the north site.

Mockup By Orlando
     
     
  #3973  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 9:00 PM
Liberty Wellsian Liberty Wellsian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
Orlando, thanks for plotting the locations and rough sizes.

Also, don't forget the new DA Offices on 4th South between Main and State behind the Matheson Courthouse.. I think that is supposed to be around 12 - 15 stories or so.

Also, I do have the location now of the previously unknown location for the new Marriott coming to the city (We have a render somewhere but the location was unknown). UTPlanner had said that he couldn't disclose the location because it was still in process. It is my understanding that the site has closed recently (Last couple of weeks). I do think people will like the location but until something is more public, the location will still be hidden as well. One thing that I can state about the location is that it does remove a surface parking lot.

Additionally, don't expect to hear something about the APS building until after the CCH is finalized.

Additionally, there is a good chance that there will be another fairly large hotel project added to the count in SLC in the next year or so. It again will come more into the light once the CCH is finalized. This is one that isn't on anyone's list yet.

And on that subject, CCH is getting better interest this time around than before. Hopefully that interest continues through the Dec. deadline for submissions.

Lastly: Yes, I do have more information and No, I can't provide it as it isn't public. Also, sorry for the generalities but this information does support the information that I provided previously about the hotel business and growth in SLC.
Please be Carl's Jr.
     
     
  #3974  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 9:28 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
...wasn't there a proposal at some point to build a tower on the surface lot at 400 S/State?
There was an idea to build a WTC there some day, but they've moved into Eagle Gate.
     
     
  #3975  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 9:45 PM
Makid Makid is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Wellsian View Post
Please be Carl's Jr.
It isn't Carl's Jr. It would require some demolition of at least 1 building but it will be removing a paid parking lot as well.

It is also West of Main Street, East of 4th West, South of North Temple and North of 4th South.

While this does reduce the number of locations, it still isn't listing the exact location.

Sadly, that is as much of a reference that I can provide without getting into to much specifics and I don't want to cause any problems by stating the location until things are more public than they currently are.
     
     
  #3976  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 9:52 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
It isn't Carl's Jr. It would require some demolition of at least 1 building but it will be removing a paid parking lot as well.

It is also West of Main Street, East of 4th West, South of North Temple and North of 4th South.

While this does reduce the number of locations, it still isn't listing the exact location.

Sadly, that is as much of a reference that I can provide without getting into to much specifics and I don't want to cause any problems by stating the location until things are more public than they currently are.
The big parking lot block between north and south temple is my hope.
     
     
  #3977  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 10:00 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
The Zephyr???


Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
It isn't Carl's Jr. It would require some demolition of at least 1 building but it will be removing a paid parking lot as well.

It is also West of Main Street, East of 4th West, South of North Temple and North of 4th South.

While this does reduce the number of locations, it still isn't listing the exact location.

Sadly, that is as much of a reference that I can provide without getting into to much specifics and I don't want to cause any problems by stating the location until things are more public than they currently are.
     
     
  #3978  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 10:16 PM
Makid Makid is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
The Zephyr???
While as much as I would like to state an answer, by stating yes or no to the location would be in itself me stating the location.

I think we will hear more about this in the coming weeks.

As the deal is primarily with the acquisition of the properties, once the properties are acquired, I would be happy to state the location here.

I did look at the following:

http://slco.org/assessor/new/javaapi2/parcelviewext.cfm?parcel_ID=&query=Y

And the parcels still aren't showing as being owned by the same party.

Once they are, I think the information would be okay to release. UTPlanner may know better though and I would be okay to go by their judgement on this as there may be extenuating circumstances that I don't know about and wasn't relayed to me.
     
     
  #3979  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 12:24 AM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Paid surface lots, one building demolition, N Temple - 400 S, Main-400 W. These are the ones I can think of, small ones and big ones.

Zephyr (this is my guess)
Royal Wood Plaza
SE corner S. Temple/3rd W, Fidelity bldg directly east of VSA, adjacent to the Radisson Hotel
SW corner of 2nd/2nd, former Ginza.
Mouse lounge NW corner 2nd W/4th S.
Zions lot, demo of Dinwoody (least likely IMO)
     
     
  #3980  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 12:43 AM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
Orlando, thanks for plotting the locations and rough sizes.

Also, don't forget the new DA Offices on 4th South between Main and State behind the Matheson Courthouse.. I think that is supposed to be around 12 - 15 stories or so.

Also, I do have the location now of the previously unknown location for the new Marriott coming to the city (We have a render somewhere but the location was unknown). UTPlanner had said that he couldn't disclose the location because it was still in process. It is my understanding that the site has closed recently (Last couple of weeks). I do think people will like the location but until something is more public, the location will still be hidden as well. One thing that I can state about the location is that it does remove a surface parking lot.

Additionally, don't expect to hear something about the APS building until after the CCH is finalized.

Additionally, there is a good chance that there will be another fairly large hotel project added to the count in SLC in the next year or so. It again will come more into the light once the CCH is finalized. This is one that isn't on anyone's list yet.

And on that subject, CCH is getting better interest this time around than before. Hopefully that interest continues through the Dec. deadline for submissions.

Lastly: Yes, I do have more information and No, I can't provide it as it isn't public. Also, sorry for the generalities but this information does support the information that I provided previously about the hotel business and growth in SLC.
A few questions:

What is APS? Arrow Press Square?

and what kind of work do you do that allows you access to all this good info?

And, what is the status of the DA offices? Have they gone through Design Review or permitted with the city yet? Any renderings?
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:34 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.