Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrequent Poster
I'm not sure if I follow you here. Just bear with me....You think the guideway is level, but the mounting locations are not. If the guideway is level that would mean the mounting locations would have to have been purposely engineered to not be level? As you said you think the guideway is level. Why would they make the mounting locations not level? They are mounted directly into the guideway from what I can tell.
|
Because do you now what is in the guideway? Sure it all looks like concrete from the outside, but it has its strong points, its weak-points, its internal structure etc... Just on the simplest level to visualize this, those are some thick bolts going into the guideway. There is rebar in that concrete. You cant put those bolts through the rebar, they would have to be placed perfectly to miss all that rebar.
Or it could just be the the station is at a very slight grade, and this was done to compensate for the slight incline. If anyone wants to take a spirit level to the platform, and see whether or not it is level, that could be the answer.
I am not claiming I know the answer to this. I am however saying, that I find it hard that Translink would have signed off on such shoddy work, and instead I believe that it is far more likely that this was all by design for some unknown reason.