Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr
....I don't have a ton of hope. Nor am I sure if defect legislation is worth the other — that we would be fosted upon the state by a party whose agenda is currently being dictated from the fringes.
|
Like what? I'm not worried about social issues - that's why we have courts. We already have TABOR, so I am not sure how much more anti-tax/anti-spending we could realistically get. I am confident they'd spend the money we have. So it's hard for me to see how much bad could be done by the GOP at the state level. Sure, they won't push any new progressive taxes on to the ballot... but statewide dems haven't been very bold about that either. In fact, have statewide dems done anything that the courts haven't also taken care of for them?
Besides, the GOP doesn't have many great candidates for Governor. As long as the dems control that, I'm willing to give the GOP the legislature.