Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&You
That would be nice, but it's wishful thinking...
|
Wishful thinking to have our politicians actually act like adults and work with each other to do the job they were elected to do which is represent Canadians?
I know, it seems impossible these days. And all parties are playing the "take my ball and go home" game, it's not unique to any one of them.
But I think it is possible we will see a functioning minority government in our lifetimes, but I have no illusions it won't happen before several years of expensive and poisonous political grandstanding. I'm absolutely positive a minority government in 2015 will not last long, no matter who gets elected.
But there is a chance. Perhaps a slim chance. That after 2 or 3 votes of no confidence in as many years, minority government after minority government getting elected, and leaving our politicians no other options but to work together, I think there is a chance they might get the message Canadians are giving them. That we are divided in what we want as a country and we expect you idiots who we are paying almost 200 grand a year to figure it out amongst yourselves on how best to deliver on your promise and oath to represent us to the best of your ability.
Wishful thinking? Sure. But I think our country is currently too divided to get off this inevitable train. And it's about time we took our government to task on operating without mandates and ramming legislation through which 60+ % of the country does not agree with. It will be the best thing to possibly happen to Canadian democracy. Forget majorities. Forget mandates. Forget playing for your favourite team. It's time to see maturity, compromise, and true broad representation.