Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu
I myself am from the Nordic countries and we don't do small talk there, so I am always uncomfortable with over-active sales people that pretend to be interested in me or how my day is going. Just be there if I need you, but don't bother me and I am perfectly happy. I guess I am weird, but that's how I define great service.
|
I couldn't agree more. I've done business in Europe for years and lived there as well. I dislike the North American, 'in your face' type of sales, I prefer salespeople, or servers in restaurants to have exceptional knowledge of their product but to allow me the space to enjoy my experience while not pretending to care about my 'day' or 'life' which I find intrusive and fake.
A little off-topic but I love how servers in Europe do not try and 'up-sell' you or hurry you along like asking if you want the bill while you're still chewing the last of your main course. In Europe the customer decides when the meal is over not the server, a server will always allow you to linger over your coffee or dessert for as long as you like and it's the customer who then requests the bill only when they're ready.