HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #841  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 11:25 PM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerJA View Post
That is correct. That means there are still four floors to go.
Glass starts at floor three.
Not sure what you two are getting on about...

The construction elevator is labeled at each floor. You can count it all the way up...

Yes if you count it from where it starts above the theatre it's under 23 framed floors...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #842  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 11:45 PM
sunflowerJA's Avatar
sunflowerJA sunflowerJA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 18
Yeah I looked at it all wrong. But it still appears the top steel beams you circled only makes it the bottom of floor 23...meaning one more floor to go before the top out/crown.

BTW, I don't see the numbers on the elevator you are talking about...?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #843  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 11:58 PM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerJA View Post
, I don't see the numbers on the elevator you are talking about...?
There's the external construction elevator and at each floor where it stops is like a safety gate thing that opens up and each gate has a white square on it with a black number for the floor number.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #844  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 2:18 AM
Skystruck's Avatar
Skystruck Skystruck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 50
Let me first say thanks for the updates! I would have to fall into the 4 more to go camp based on the latest pictures posted. If you look at the 111 illustration it shows 20 floors above the theater. The most recent photos show 16 completed floors above the theater. IMO there will still be a decent amount of additional height added by the time the crown is complete.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #845  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 3:15 AM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
I might be able to check tomorrow
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #846  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 7:16 AM
CofIKid CofIKid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 214
There is only one floor left to frame out before the structure for the crown can be added. I will take a picture when I get off of work at 0600. I live a few blocks east of the tower.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #847  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 5:39 PM
DCRes's Avatar
DCRes DCRes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 746
[IMG] by , on Flickr[/IMG]

This picture was taken 5 minutes ago

The first floor that fully hangs over the theater is floor 5, so you can see that the 23rd floor is mostly framed out and the bars sticking up are the top of the 24th floor. The elevator is topped out at 24. I think I heard (read on this forum, rather) that the crown will add an additional 27 feet.

I still wish the tower would get as tall as the crane is now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #848  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 6:40 PM
Skystruck's Avatar
Skystruck Skystruck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 50
Thanks for the pic! With this update you can now count 19 floors above the theater so 1 more it is. I too wish it was going to be as tall as the crane but it will still be a great addition to the skyline!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #849  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 1:33 AM
SLC2GeorgetownU's Avatar
SLC2GeorgetownU SLC2GeorgetownU is offline
SLC or BUST
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 54
count the floors


Last edited by SLC2GeorgetownU; Sep 4, 2015 at 1:42 AM. Reason: uploaded wrong pic
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #850  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 2:30 AM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
The lobby counts as one floor because it's just really tall.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #851  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 2:31 AM
SLC2GeorgetownU's Avatar
SLC2GeorgetownU SLC2GeorgetownU is offline
SLC or BUST
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 54
I know

I know......
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #852  
Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 1:16 AM
SLC2GeorgetownU's Avatar
SLC2GeorgetownU SLC2GeorgetownU is offline
SLC or BUST
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 54
This is cool

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #853  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 11:07 PM
SLCdude's Avatar
SLCdude SLCdude is offline
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 836
Here's a lil' GIF for y'all. I've been snapping the 111 tower every week for the Council Office.

http://giphy.com/gifs/26BkN79WnRSw3bdVC?tc=1
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #854  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 11:44 PM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
Awesome!

__________________
'Cause at night the sun in retreat made the skyline look like crooked teeth in the mouth of a man, who was devouring us both...

Salt Lake City throughout 2015 in the My City Photos Forum >>>http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=215244
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #855  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 3:44 AM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
That is some sweet bacon, my friend. Some sweet, sweet bacon.
__________________
Loving Salt Lake City. Despite everything, and because of everything.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #856  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 7:07 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
That is some sweet bacon, my friend. Some sweet, sweet bacon.
I prefer my bacon with a nice helping of black pepper.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #857  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 2:07 PM
goldcntry's Avatar
goldcntry goldcntry is offline
West bench livin'
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Daybreak (So. Jordan), UT
Posts: 791
Y'all don't know how bad I want to take my life in my hands and try to take a pic of the skyline from the connector ramp from east-bound 80 to north-bound 15... This building is making that wonderful of an impact from that angle! Even from the 6th North bridge, the impact is pretty amazing... and at least there I wouldn't be in danger of creating a traffic-jam...
__________________
Giant Meteor 2024
Just end it all already.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #858  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 2:09 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcntry View Post
Y'all don't know how bad I want to take my life in my hands and try to take a pic of the skyline from the connector ramp from east-bound 80 to north-bound 15... This building is making that wonderful of an impact from that angle! Even from the 6th North bridge, the impact is pretty amazing... and at least there I wouldn't be in danger of creating a traffic-jam...
I know exactly how bad you want to. I've caught it at that angle several times in the last two weeks; looking great!
__________________
Loving Salt Lake City. Despite everything, and because of everything.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #859  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 2:35 PM
EPdesign EPdesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
It's interesting how good the engineering must be to start putting glass on the structure prior to the hat thruss system being engaged
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #860  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 4:20 AM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745




__________________
'Cause at night the sun in retreat made the skyline look like crooked teeth in the mouth of a man, who was devouring us both...

Salt Lake City throughout 2015 in the My City Photos Forum >>>http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=215244
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:53 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.