Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P.
Bike congestion is ruining downtown. Let them take the bus or walk like the rest of us slobs are supposed to.
|
How can something like a bike cause congestion? My bike is 1/7 my body weight and is probably 1/5 my volume. I take my bike downtown. I can pick it up and move it out of the way. I can park it *anywhere* something protrudes from the ground, within reason.
My car weighs 26x my body weight, and is probably 30x my volume.
I cannot take my car downtown, it takes me... everywhere. I am most likely to park it along the edge of a road, giving far less road space to those who are using the roads for its intended purpose. (it's a PIPE, on street parking makes no sense at all from an engineering perspective)
The math doesn't add up to your claim of bikes causing congestion.
Right now, cars are the culprit, unless you want to go way off and blame buildings and other unmovable obstacles for causing congestion.