Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller
i.e. that it's a big liability from an "extraordinary" (unanticipated) event.
|
Well, someone told the truth. I guess SNC Lavelin had to declare the issue in their statements since they are a public company and their accountants just would not stomach any lies.
Now .. I did not catch the date of the statements, but I know that there is a lag time after the official date of the statement so the accountants can do their work.
What I mean is ... if the statements are dated May 31 and the accountants made the company disclose the screw up as of that date, then the screw up had to have been known as at May 31.
But no one said a word. Not the Polis, not Translink, not SNC, not EGRT when they all knew or ought to have known that there was a real problem.
One or more of them manipulated the news to the public.
We would not have heard a word, except for the accountants who made SNC disclose it as a material fact. Not disclosing it would have meant that the accountants would not have signed off on their statements and SNC would have gone offside on the public company side of their business.
So finally, kicking and screaming, we hear the truth. Someone finally had to admit, for whatever reason, that the smell was not roses.
So where do we got from here?
My prediction - look for the line to open in late winter, early spring of 2017. February or March 2017.
That is 18 months from now. Most of the line is already built and being tested, in parts, for use.
Most of it will be built by spring 2016 at the latest. but they can't even test the line from the tunnel to Coquitlam because ... how do they get the trains on the other side of the tunnel.
I know, I know, I am obsessed.
I also know when something smells really bad and I just don't accept people's opinions that horseshit can be a "rose by another name."
Feb or March 2017.