HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Aug 3, 2015, 3:49 PM
suburbia suburbia is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogged View Post
option c would be my first choice. I think the low floor aspect of the line would be better suited to an elevated design vs a subway. the first station under the hill in option D at 13 stories underground seems insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyLucky View Post
I think an interesting side effect of the elevated option is that the +15 Network will be increasingly perceived as "public" space. Currently, it is a little uninviting to those who don't have business walking through downtown office towers. If an elevated train was made to inferface beautifully with the +15s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
After looking at the options and checking out the affected areas on street view, what I fail to understand is why they all involve a tunneled section on centre st before 20th ave. Why not have it elevated?? I mean, it's not like it's going to hurt the "ambiance" of the street or anything.

Out of the existing choices (as someone who's admittedly not a Calgary expert) I'd go with C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_179 View Post
I like Option C the best. I like that it elevates earlier on 10th Ave (1st St SE), than where the tunnel would begin (1st St SW). A few extra blocks not being at grade will be helpful for traffic.
Looks like my choice has some momentum here. I've been advocating for an elevated downtown section for a very long time now - from well before the options came out. My thought process had always included what RyLucky is now cluing into, which is that this will enhance the +15 network (while also not being so far away from the street as the burial option would take it). I'd bet the police would prefer the non-buried option also.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:24 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.