Quote:
Originally Posted by RWSMADCONC
The concrete core that you see now ends at Level 28; you will see a bit of a slow-down in vertical progress as the form system for the core is broken down and removed. At the same time, the steel will continue and that will seem to slow down as the trusses that frame the 28th level are erected. Once the trusses are finished, the 28th level may be poured and then the concrete building from 28 to 49 will kick into gear. Once that system is in play, the building will start moving upward again.
|
Yes, everything you just mentioned makes sense. A while back I had seen a post saying there was going to be a massive pour on the upper floors, but I was also wondering how they could continue the core the way it is now, since the building becomes quite narrow to support it. The rendering below, you can even visually make out the difference of materials used in construction. I'm guessing after they finish with the concrete floors, that they will finish with lighter steel construction for the mechanical floors? (Similar to Comcast One?)