Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen
While your insider point of view is fun, it doesn't change the fact that you're lazy on the legal side of it. Google GOED tax incentives. Adobe agreed to create 927 jobs by 2030 and those jobs have to pay at least 125% above the county average. This is worth a 40 million dollar tax credit. This was the agreement. Adobe chose Lehi because the county average wage is lower than salt lake county. Sorry but Adobe looks really silly after this article.
|
I think the only one lazy here was the individual that threw out a ton of speculative (mis)points which were proven incorrect, and responded in a defensive tone... Who looks silly now?
I really don't know what point you were trying to make with your last comment but it's apparent you don't know all that much about the situation so let me "learn you" some of the facts.
I am fully aware of the tax incentives that were provided to Adobe and pretty much every other business looking to expand and create jobs in the state. Adobe completed phase 1 of its Lehi campus in 2012 with two future phases to come. The current building was near capacity when I left last summer at roughly 900-1K employees. Phase 2 & 3 will nearly triple the square footage and each phase, I was told, will add about 800 jobs each for a buildout of ~2500.
Because of the large potential employee base, transportation was a big part of the incentive negotiation and I think it actually shocked some people at the time of the announcement that the campus was "that far north" of the then Orem HQ and they would need to commute. We were hearing at the time that it basically came down to two locations... Draper, just around the Point of the Mtn, or Lehi. I honestly thought it was going to be in Draper and was actually a bit surprised it ended up in Lehi.
125% of the county average is probably in the $65-$70K/yr. range. I don't know of many people that make less than that there other than college interns and potentially some contracted, non-Adobe employees working at the facility, with many of the Adobe workers making 2, 3, 400%+ the county average. It would be interesting to better understand how the state calculates this requirement if it's more of an average across all jobs or a median point or something.
Anyway, since relocating there, I would guess they have already created ~200 additional positions so they're well on their way (being three years in out of the 28 year timeframe required by the incentive) to meeting the goal.