I'm also disappointed at the "almost 50% sold" thing too. In fact, I swear it used to be "over 50% sold". I imagine that the drama around the events centre may have stalled sales and caused some people to back out.
On the positive side, the developers are again heavily advertising the property and I presume this indicates a commitment to see this thing built.
As for location, this doesn't bother me. Someone has to be the trendsetter and this could be the first of several condo developments in the downtown east side.
Stylistically, the building is exotic, but I like it, and architectural diversity (hopefully) might become a trademark of downtown Moncton. The main thing that bothers me about FiveFive is that most of the condos are really small. This might be OK for people starting out, but I think empty nesters looking to downsize and move downtown might want a bit more........