Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
I know you hate Corrigan but...
|
I don't particularly hate him. I didn't vote for him. But saying No to Transit options
AFTER BEING THE CHAIR OF BC TRANSIT, particularly since he's been mayor for the last 13 years seems like is just trying to be a stick in the mud till he retires, and
he doesn't seem to use transit either *shrug*.
I'm fully aware of when the Expo line was built.
Dave Mercier (BVA, Social Credit)was Mayor from 1979 to 1981
Bill Lewarne (BVA 1981-1986, he's also mentioned
here
The BCA(NDP affiliated) has been in power since 1987 with Bill Copeland.
Douglas P. Drummond was the Mayor from 1996 to 2002 before Corrigan. Corrigan was on the city council during that time.
All the existing Skytrain lines were built BEFORE Corrigan ever came into power.
The BCTel ("Boundary" station, at Kingsway) is mentioned every so often on
SSP, so it's not like it's uncommon lore here. The only reason it's unlikely to be built now is that both Joyce and Patterson are close enough that it's a bit redundant considering the distance between Patterson, Metrotown and Royal Oak.
But who knows, maybe at some point in time the owners of the "Telus Building" will want to redevelop it into something larger and at that time the station might get revisited.