HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 21, 2015, 4:56 PM
lrt's friend lrt's friend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1overcosc View Post
??

The chemicals used today are way friendlier to the natural environment than the ones used in the 1960s/1970s. If trees could grow then, they can definitely grow now.

Tree regrowth is progressing very well on Wellington Street in Kingston, rebuilt in 2008 with all its trees cut down at the time.
Ha, I really don't see that. I see the impact on trees in my own neighbourhood and on my own front lawn. It is still devastating.

The mature trees I am talking about were planted before they started applying a lot of chemicals.

As it stands, the tree cover that formerly lined both Main and Sunnyside never recovered compared to what existed previously and that is after 50 years.

From what I have seen, the city is more dependant on chemicals than ever. It saves them labour letting chemicals melt snow instead of plowing as often.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:49 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.