Quote:
Originally Posted by philatonian
That avatar is epic, and I hate using that word.
Nothing wrong with being a realist. One of the best things I love about Philadelphia is it's reputation. It keeps out the phonies. People either get Philadelphia or they don't.
In my opinion, Philadelphia needs no defense and most Philadelphians don't even bother. We're too cool for school, we're smoking out back with the janitor. Chicks dig us 'cause we're bad 🞵🞵🞵 and the cool kids can't stand us because we don't care what anyone thinks.
I've said plenty of choice things about Philadelphia myself - the litter, poverty, crime - but that doesn't mean I don't love this city. Questioning development doesn't make someone a Negadelphian, it means you've got a foot in the game. Blindly buying into an undeserved reputation is what licked the icing off the cake of Brooklyn. Philadelphia's real because people care enough to ask questions. Keep 'em coming.
|
Saying Philadelphia "always comes up short" is not asking a question, it's being negadelphian.
Also just using the term "roof height," much less bitching about it is the total opposite of being "too cool for school."
That is all.