Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalleyboy
Actually 105 ave long term plan would bring it from 132street to 154ave when I once looked. The only issue would be the tearing through hawthorn park. Which I think is why the city is putting this off and slowly going to punch it through. Just look how 84ave expansion got destroyed cause people where claiming it would "go right through" bear creek which was a complete load of ****.
|
Right you are. That old plan was identified in 2013, the new plan you made mention was introduced last year. The road is fairly close proximity to 104th Ave, and you'd essentially destroy Hawthorn, and be forced to acquire a fair number of properties (including a school, historic convent, and an entire townhouse complex).
This is what I proposed in February- a more realistic plan for a new cross-town road. The biggest knock on this thus far is that it does transect through a fairly new multi-townhouse development in Guildford. Though the older developments are more suitable (ripe) for acquisition so it can be worked around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisVerbatim
Speaking of reinforcing the street grid, lately I've seen surveying going on around Fraser Highway and Whalley Blvd. might they be extending Whalley Blvd through to 96th soon?
|
Funny enough, they were doing the surveying back in 2010. This was a project that has continuously been pushed back due to some disagreement with Surrey Memorial. 2016 seems to be the new target date. We shall see.