HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #701  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 3:12 PM
Boz's Avatar
Boz Boz is offline
of SLC
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Smells like Commie Clown farts in here
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
As have I. Link?
Not sure if these cranes go about it the same way, but this is pretty cool:

https://youtu.be/vx5Qt7_ECEE
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #702  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 4:01 PM
ajiuO's Avatar
ajiuO ajiuO is offline
A.K.A. Vigo
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
As have I. Link?
http://youtu.be/qX-ZdPPUuhM

It's kind of a timeless thing... I think our is done the same way... Because I noticed that it had a red section around the white section the other day.
__________________
On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a
throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #703  
Old Posted Apr 29, 2015, 8:49 PM
ctobsl's Avatar
ctobsl ctobsl is offline
Let It Rise!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT.
Posts: 486
Youtube Crane Lifting

It looks cool, but at the same time it seems pretty scary to me.
__________________
Photos of Downtown SLC & surrounding areas-http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199269&highlight=ctobsl

My Mini City-Population http://saint-anthony.myminicity.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #704  
Old Posted May 1, 2015, 9:45 PM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,261





Last edited by s.p.hansen; May 4, 2015 at 11:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #705  
Old Posted May 1, 2015, 10:27 PM
Wasatch Wasteland's Avatar
Wasatch Wasteland Wasatch Wasteland is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 312
If you look at the top of the core, it seems as if the workers have cut holes in the banner. Probably just to let air get it, I imagine it gets hot underneath there. Interesting though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #706  
Old Posted May 1, 2015, 10:29 PM
Wasatch Wasteland's Avatar
Wasatch Wasteland Wasatch Wasteland is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 312
Also, if the tower were on schedule, it would have just topped out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #707  
Old Posted May 1, 2015, 11:10 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch Wasteland View Post
If you look at the top of the core, it seems as if the workers have cut holes in the banner. Probably just to let air get it, I imagine it gets hot underneath there. Interesting though.
I think the holes are mainly there so the banner doesn't catch wind and blow away.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #708  
Old Posted May 2, 2015, 3:51 AM
ctobsl's Avatar
ctobsl ctobsl is offline
Let It Rise!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT.
Posts: 486
So this tower is behind schedule?
What about the Eccles Theater part of it, is it behind schedule as well?
__________________
Photos of Downtown SLC & surrounding areas-http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199269&highlight=ctobsl

My Mini City-Population http://saint-anthony.myminicity.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #709  
Old Posted May 2, 2015, 4:58 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctobsl View Post
So this tower is behind schedule?
What about the Eccles Theater part of it, is it behind schedule as well?
My understanding is the tower got behind schedule because of an incorrect concrete pour in the foundation and they had to cut it out and pour it again. The theater is actually ahead of schedule due to all the great winter weather we ended up having.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #710  
Old Posted May 9, 2015, 6:31 AM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,261
The retail and restaurant portion of the theater is really progressing at a nice pace!


Reply With Quote
     
     
  #711  
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 9:12 PM
AllOutOfBubbleGum's Avatar
AllOutOfBubbleGum AllOutOfBubbleGum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: West Jordan
Posts: 303
As Woody would say, "Reach for the Sky"


__________________
"Oh, now we see the violence in the system"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #712  
Old Posted May 18, 2015, 2:45 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
Is there also a snake in my boot?
__________________
Loving Salt Lake City. Despite everything, and because of everything.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #713  
Old Posted May 19, 2015, 3:14 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,108
It looks like 111 will have another crane jump soon. They were doing another core pour today and with the next floor mesh framing in place, it doesn't look like there will be enough clearance to do the next core pour.

As a side question, does anyone know which floor they are pouring today? I am just wondering how we are doing on relative progress for height and time with all the storms that we have had possibly slowing down the progress of the core.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #714  
Old Posted May 19, 2015, 4:39 PM
DCRes's Avatar
DCRes DCRes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 746
Based on what I can see I think the core is up to about 18 floors. The steel has been at 9 floors for quite a while now. The core is still rising so I don't think that there is any reason for concern, I've just noticed that the core is rising faster than the steel is. This could be because they are working on the steel portion that is hanging over the theater.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #715  
Old Posted May 19, 2015, 6:17 PM
ryerop ryerop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 81
Sorry this is a dumb question, but I can't remember is 111 supposed to top out at 22, or 24 stories tall. I blame forgetting on my kid making me lose sleep.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #716  
Old Posted May 19, 2015, 6:29 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,108
I think it is 24 stories.

If they are pouring 18 now, that would be 6 stories to go or roughly another 100' to go for the core.

It will be nice when the core is topped out, we should see the steel rise a bit quicker at that point I think.

Hopefully we will hear announcements soon about who will be occupying the building on opening.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #717  
Old Posted May 19, 2015, 6:47 PM
ryerop ryerop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
I think it is 24 stories.

If they are pouring 18 now, that would be 6 stories to go or roughly another 100' to go for the core.

It will be nice when the core is topped out, we should see the steel rise a bit quicker at that point I think.

Hopefully we will hear announcements soon about who will be occupying the building on opening.
Thank you for the answer I was thinking it was 24, but not sure. I am excited to see what the final result will be when it is completed. It's fun to watch this fill in that area of the skyline downtown. Between this and some of the other proposed projects the skyline should change quite a bit in the next few years.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #718  
Old Posted May 20, 2015, 5:02 AM
Highrise_Mike's Avatar
Highrise_Mike Highrise_Mike is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoJo, UT
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
I think it is 24 stories.

If they are pouring 18 now, that would be 6 stories to go or roughly another 100' to go for the core.

It will be nice when the core is topped out, we should see the steel rise a bit quicker at that point I think.

Hopefully we will hear announcements soon about who will be occupying the building on opening.
My sources could be wrong and I know it's been thrown around on here but I hear Goldman Sachs will be a large tenant in the building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #719  
Old Posted May 20, 2015, 12:02 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrise_Mike View Post
My sources could be wrong and I know it's been thrown around on here but I hear Goldman Sachs will be a large tenant in the building.
I do feel that this is true and that Goldman Sachs will be taking a large majority of the building. I am just hopeful that we will have an official statement soon.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #720  
Old Posted May 20, 2015, 8:37 PM
SLCdude's Avatar
SLCdude SLCdude is offline
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 836
111 overhanging Eccles Theater


Another view
[/url]

Anyone know what this is?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:59 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.