Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSS
My last post was a bit confusing. Yes, the Yellowhead makes sense to upgrade (after Hwy 1 IMO). The old Hwy 23 as a Hwy 1 alternative does not make sense.
Yes, I would like to see Hwy 1, 3, 5/16, 97 all upgraded to full freeway standard. But in the reality we live in with limited resources focus the upgrading on Hwy 1 (for best access to rest of Canada) and Hwy 97 (for best access to resource rich northern BC). Continue to do minor upgrades to rest where appropriate especially for safety improvements.
|
Yes, unfortunately we do have to prioritise. It's a shame that it's taking so long to finish highway 1.
I wasn't proposing highway 23 as an alternate. It was the old routing of highway 1. If the route is still passible, I'd like to drive it for the sake of driving it.