Quote:
Originally Posted by Encolpius
So you folks are objecting to the idea of taking an inventory of the scenic resources of a city cradled between two rivers, the West Hills and the foothills of Mt Hood?
|
Just my opinion, but, yes, I'd object (and I did so in a comment) to even the idea as it creates a sense of entitlement. I think the whole notion of scenic resources of a city is idiotic. I think cities should be dynamic and change over time. I think trying to identify what views are important to everyone now and into the future isn't realistic and just adds more bureaucracy and will benefit the few much more than the public. If they want to identify a few small view corridors (from high use public areas) and protect those areas I'd be grudgingly ok with that but even then I'd be against it personally.
I'd love to see the City put out a 3d output of all the potential view corridors overlaid if/when they do start talking about restrictions. Throw in the building height limits (boo) and sun/shade restrictions (which I'm less against) as well while your at it and let's see what's left to work with.