Posted Apr 17, 2015, 11:30 AM
|
 |
Closed account
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,425
|
|
They could have obviously done more, but I can understand the slow steps they are taking. Beer in grocery stores represents a real threat to the Beer Store, even with the limitations placed on their sales.
The Beer Store still holds a lot of sway here, too much really, but at least they will be forced to improve. I like the liberalization for small craft brewers too and I could see the rule about them being allowed to sell from all their locations, no matter how small, being leveraged to expand into different markets without having to negotiate with the Beer Store to do so.
Speaking of that, are growlers really that rare in Ontario? They've become one of the main ways we buy beer within my group of friends.
|