HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7121  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 6:36 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
1100 N. Delaware - 13 floors - apartments/office/retail

Quote:
Developer Michael Samschick of Core Realty is proposing to build two new apartment buildings, at 1100 and 1212 N. Delaware Ave., housing a total of more than 200 residential units. Samschick is proposing a 136-foot-tall building at 1100 N. Delaware, and a 78-foot building at 1212. Both buildings would be wrapped in retail space on the ground floor, which Samschick said he hoped would attract pedestrian-oriented, neighborhood-serving uses like a pharmacy or dry cleaners.

In order to get the two buildings approved, Samschick will need a number of fairly minor variances for lot coverage, open area, the number of loading docks, floor area ratio, and setbacks on the roof deck at 1100 N. Delaware. That building is the bigger of the two; it would house 180 apartment units, office space and a rooftop pool.


http://planphilly.com/articles/2015/04/1...wo-development-proposals-on-delaware-ave
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7122  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 6:42 PM
McBane McBane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
agree this release suspiciously has zero mention of this type of change and seems to do nothing to change the street frontage. Net is a brighter outlet mal self contained and separate from the city, minimal improvement in the end

even their comparison by o'hare is a mall surrounded by elevated parking and a casino from my memory
I didn't catch if it was mentioned in the article. Will there be direct entrances into the stores similar to the Shops at Liberty Place? I think that makes a huge difference.

Also, I wonder if they plan on renaming the mall. From an urbanist point of view, it makes zero difference. But if I had a stake in the game, I'd rename it in a heartbeat. In addition to updating the structure and swapping out retailers, the malls needs to be rebranded. The Gallery has a questionable reputation, to put it mildly. If anyone is paying attention, please no references to "Franklin", "Liberty", or "Independence", thank you!

EDIT: Just saw the rendering of 1100 Delaware. Wow! Screw those NIMBYs, Delaware Ave needs EXACTLY this type of development. It needs a few variances but the height and street level retail - meets the spirit of the new waterfront plan. Hopefully the zoning board sees that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7123  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 6:45 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I didn't catch if it was mentioned in the article. Will there be direct entrances into the stores similar to the Shops at Liberty Place? I think that makes a huge difference.

Also, I wonder if they plan on renaming the mall. From an urbanist point of view, it makes zero difference. But if I had a stake in the game, I'd rename it in a heartbeat. In addition to updating the structure and swapping out retailers, the malls needs to be rebranded. The Gallery has a questionable reputation, to put it mildly. If anyone is paying attention, please no references to "Franklin", "Liberty", or "Independence", thank you!
See post 7718. I posted a rendering of the exterior and yes they are opening it up to the street.

Also, they are in fact renaming it. Read the articles. It will be called: The Fashion Outlets of Philadelphia at Market East.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7124  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 6:45 PM
br323206 br323206 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by josef View Post
The density of scalies in these renderings bothers me. I don't think I've ever seen that many people around there in my life. They must be building one amazing mall.
I live a couple of blocks away and I can tell you the street is constantly packed with pedestrians already and the mall sees tons of foot traffic too. I don't think this is unrealistic.

The only that that is unrealistic is the attractiveness of the fake people.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7125  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 6:50 PM
josef's Avatar
josef josef is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Collingswood
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by br323206 View Post
I live a couple of blocks away and I can tell you the street is constantly packed with pedestrians already and the mall sees tons of foot traffic too. I don't think this is unrealistic.

The only that that is unrealistic is the attractiveness of the fake people.
Ha. Fair enough.
__________________
South Jerseyist
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7126  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 6:51 PM
Philly Fan Philly Fan is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by br323206 View Post
The only that that is unrealistic is the attractiveness of the fake people.
Speak for yourself.

Most of us on this forum are incredibly attractive.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7127  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 6:51 PM
Kidphilly Kidphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by br323206 View Post
I live a couple of blocks away and I can tell you the street is constantly packed with pedestrians already and the mall sees tons of foot traffic too. I don't think this is unrealistic.

The only that that is unrealistic is the attractiveness of the fake people.
Well am thinking of checking out the area so maybe the fake people are sort of realistic from that standpoint

It looks like the renders do show street frontage - do hope for some restaurant seating frontage as could make the place more active in some regards not sure if that will be in the final product if it ever comes to be

I think some new image have been added since the initial release
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7128  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 6:55 PM
Mappy Mappy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 259
Thanks summersm for the exterior picture. That one is more clear of the plan that what your could see on philly.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7129  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 7:04 PM
Londonee Londonee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fitler Square (via London)
Posts: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
Well am thinking of checking out the area so maybe the fake people are sort of realistic from that standpoint
I responded upthread to you, the article mentions several things about the building's exterior.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7130  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 7:24 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
See post 7718. I posted a rendering of the exterior and yes they are opening it up to the street.

Also, they are in fact renaming it. Read the articles. It will be called: The Fashion Outlets of Philadelphia at Market East.
Glad you pointed out people can find lots of answers in the article that was posted. Would probably be best to check it out before speculating or asking questions that are clearly answered.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7131  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 7:25 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by br323206 View Post
I live a couple of blocks away and I can tell you the street is constantly packed with pedestrians already and the mall sees tons of foot traffic too. I don't think this is unrealistic.

The only that that is unrealistic is the attractiveness of the fake people.
exactly, anyone sayong market east doesnt see heavy pedestrian traffic must not get out there much. There is a ton of pedestrian traffic between 10th and 13th along market. Especially when there is a large convention in town.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7132  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 8:04 PM
Cro Burnham's Avatar
Cro Burnham Cro Burnham is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: delco
Posts: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Speak for yourself.

Most of us on this forum are incredibly attractive.

Say it. One of those incredibly attractive fake people is me. Uh huh.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7133  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 8:40 PM
Kidphilly Kidphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
exactly, anyone sayong market east doesnt see heavy pedestrian traffic must not get out there much. There is a ton of pedestrian traffic between 10th and 13th along market. Especially when there is a large convention in town.
page 7 in the attached

12th and market is quite high actually

http://centercityphila.org/docs/CCR14_retail.pdf

I believe there is more detailed report somewhere on the CCD report list somewhere but on a work call and need to pay attention now
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7134  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 8:41 PM
Kidphilly Kidphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro Burnham View Post
Say it. One of those incredibly attractive fake people is me. Uh huh.
well I tend to believe I would be an upgrade TBH
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7135  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 10:00 PM
Williard Mouse's Avatar
Williard Mouse Williard Mouse is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I didn't catch if it was mentioned in the article. Will there be direct entrances into the stores similar to the Shops at Liberty Place? I think that makes a huge difference.

Also, I wonder if they plan on renaming the mall. From an urbanist point of view, it makes zero difference. But if I had a stake in the game, I'd rename it in a heartbeat. In addition to updating the structure and swapping out retailers, the malls needs to be rebranded. The Gallery has a questionable reputation, to put it mildly. If anyone is paying attention, please no references to "Franklin", "Liberty", or "Independence", thank you!

EDIT: Just saw the rendering of 1100 Delaware. Wow! Screw those NIMBYs, Delaware Ave needs EXACTLY this type of development. It needs a few variances but the height and street level retail - meets the spirit of the new waterfront plan. Hopefully the zoning board sees that.
I agree, McBane. Proposals like the Samschick project for 1100 N Delaware are exactly what is needed to dig Philly out of the grave of it's industrial past. To NIMBY Millennials, decaying warehouses are the Brooklynesque opposites of their neat suburban childhood homes. The Edward Corner Building is a symbol of Philadelphia's decline. There are literally hundreds of these cookie cutter warehouses all over the city, they are not unique or worthy of preservation.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7136  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 11:18 PM
BenKatzPhillytoParis BenKatzPhillytoParis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
See post 7718. I posted a rendering of the exterior and yes they are opening it up to the street.

Also, they are in fact renaming it. Read the articles. It will be called: The Fashion Outlets of Philadelphia at Market East.
Gotta say, that is a horrible way to rebrand the mall. People will just keep calling it the Gallery because the new name takes 10 seconds to pronounce. And its constituent parts are not unique to it. You can't break off Market East, cause that's the area. Philadelphia Fashion Outlets...eh....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7137  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 11:43 PM
Palms's Avatar
Palms Palms is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by josef View Post
The density of scalies in these renderings bothers me. I don't think I've ever seen that many people around there in my life. They must be building one amazing mall.
The density is right.The vibe and dress code is night and day though.

It wouldnt be too bad if it was an all glass exterior. The facade on the upper floors is so plain,cheap and tacky looking.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7138  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 1:39 AM
philatonian's Avatar
philatonian philatonian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by br323206 View Post
I live a couple of blocks away and I can tell you the street is constantly packed with pedestrians already and the mall sees tons of foot traffic too. I don't think this is unrealistic.

The only that that is unrealistic is the attractiveness of the fake people.
LOL ditto. And is it just me, or has Market East had a mysteriously large number of people lately, especially on the weekends? I know it's spring, but I've lived near ME for 8 years and I've never seen it this packed. Good for Philly. I bet PREIT wishes they could be cashing in on it.
__________________
Philly Bricks
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7139  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 12:18 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
Gotta say, that is a horrible way to rebrand the mall. People will just keep calling it the Gallery because the new name takes 10 seconds to pronounce. And its constituent parts are not unique to it. You can't break off Market East, cause that's the area. Philadelphia Fashion Outlets...eh....
Agreed that locals will continue to call it the Gallery. They shouldve left "gallery" as part of the new name. Its just common sense.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7140  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 1:42 PM
TempleGuy1000 TempleGuy1000 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
Agreed that locals will continue to call it the Gallery. They shouldve left "gallery" as part of the new name. Its just common sense.
I disagree. The name "The Gallery" conjures up weird memories for a lot of us. I could see this becoming "The Outlets"
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:45 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.