Yeah, the City did pitch in the money to build the station rather than it be a future station.
The City owns the lands surrounding the station, so it is the one sitting on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu
Please tell me you are kidding. Just how American are the people at City Hall? 
|
That probably would have been the IOC who would have required it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nds88
And then Rennie renames the neighbourhood "The Village on False Creek". I have not heard a single person refer to the neighbourhood as this. A Craigslist search shows 10 results for "Village on False Creek" (which is just used as a keyword in the ad at the bottom), and 180 results from "Olympic Village".
It would be nice to change the banners to "Olympic Village" so its consistent with what the people actually refer it to.
|
I wonder if the change could have resulted from the IOC limiting Olympic trademark (official mark) rights.
I would assume there is a special trademark (official mark) licence in place for Olympic Village Station.