In a popularity contest between Kevin, a stapler, and an onion bagel, Kevin probably wouldn't come in third. I can honestly think of enough good things to say about him.
I've been trying real hard to find an update about this project to get this thread back on track. But I can't find anything. So carry on with the love fest...
What ever happened to Paul in S.A.? Now he's the one I used to get into it with way back when I first started SSP, I always thought Sirkingwilliam was tame compared to him lol.
Ah reminiscing... It's crazy how many years have flown by since then. All the talk and gossip, the debates which at times got heated. All the buildings that have been built. It's already been 12 years...
But back to the Independent, let's see who can guess the approximate date that they release renderings...
I'll go out on a limb and say the first week of May. Just by the amount of information that's already been released I would think that renderings are not too far off.
What ever happened to Paul in S.A.? Now he's the one I used to get into it with way back when I first started SSP, I always thought Sirkingwilliam was tame compared to him lol.
Ah reminiscing... It's crazy how many years have flown by since then. All the talk and gossip, the debates which at times got heated. All the buildings that have been built. It's already been 12 years...
But back to the Independent, let's see who can guess the approximate date that they release renderings...
I'll go out on a limb and say the first week of May. Just by the amount of information that's already been released I would think that renderings are not too far off.
Paul is still around, and he posts good updates about S.A. development. But remember SKW was banned two or three times with other names before he became a mod. Remember SATownBoy? This will probably be deleted, so I took a screen shot.
Anyway, back on topic. They have detailed floor plans, so I would think they also have detailed renderings. Plus their sales office opens any day now if it isn't open already, and I would think renderings would be available as an important marketing tool.
is it me or does that model look like a different building?
A different building from what? The only other comparison is the massing model. This one still looks to have two off sets. But the large crown/mechanical screen is definitely missing.
Looks like this building will be mostly glass. The mechanical cube looks significantly smaller in this model. Can't wait for computerized renderings. Honestly, should be seeing them any day.