HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Apr 6, 2015, 6:23 AM
ARTchitecture

Thanks Kevin!

Now, if you look closely at the renders, you can see that only one of the tower designs has changed significantly over the past year, and that's the design of the hotel tower. I really like what they've done to it, increasing the height and adding the slight curve to its structure. It could turn our very nice. I'm really glad that the east block is going ahead first, as it has 2 of the 3 best buildings in the development on it.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2015, 10:56 PM

yes that is the very one. i kinda loved that one. lol

Old Posted Apr 8, 2015, 10:59 PM

i really like the small tower with the rounded corners. i like how the floors get smaller towards the top. very interesting design feature that would look great on a much larger tower.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2015, 4:06 AM
ARTchitecture

Agreed! Thankfully that tower will be large enough to be very noticeable from the NW view, from SAIT and Kensington, so it will be featured in many skyline shots.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2015, 6:26 AM

^^ There will be NOOOooo small towers!

Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 9:45 PM

Eau Claire Market Redevelopment To Transform Downtown Community

Quote:
Adjacent to Calgary's financial district to the north is the Eau Claire Neighbourhood, home to approximately 1,800 residents. Organized around the urban retail and entertainment destination known as the Eau Claire Market, the area is undergoing a major revitalization and modernization plan that will eventually lead to the demolition and further redevelopment of the existing mall. Built in 1993, at a time where Calgary's downtown population was insufficient to draw large crowds of shoppers towards the retail complex, the market was never able to develop a viable clientele, which resulted in the closure of several stores by the early 2000s.

In 2004 and 2007 respectively, Harvard Developments bought the mall and surrounding 2.95-hectare site for a total of $41.5 million. After several years of stagnation, the plan for a mixed-use urban village to replace the mall is now one step closer to realization after Calgary's city council's unanimous first reading of the developer’s rezoning application last December.

While the developer hopes to start construction by the end of 2016, the city has the option to repurchase the land, at market value, if it’s not redeveloped by the end of 2018.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2016, 10:20 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

Love the site plan and the design. I wonder how delayed it will be with the downturn in oil prices/layoffs... Still have fond memories of the existing Eau Claire Market, even as a semi-abandoned relic of the early 90's... Heck, I even planned my X-mas vacation this year around the Sheraton and the Market...

Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 9:49 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead2 View Post
Love the site plan and the design. I wonder how delayed it will be with the downturn in oil prices/layoffs... Still have fond memories of the existing Eau Claire Market, even as a semi-abandoned relic of the early 90's... Heck, I even planned my X-mas vacation this year around the Sheraton and the Market...
I am pretty sure it's been approved. I just don't think we'll ever see it happen.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2016, 12:42 PM

^^^ Chad: Thankfully! I know you'll disagree... just my opinion.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals