HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


View Poll Results: Which of the designs would you like to see become the new Lansdowne 'Front Lawn'?
Option A: "One Park, Four Landscapes" 12 11.88%
Option B: "Win Place Show" 23 22.77%
Option C: "A Force of Nature" 14 13.86%
Option D: "All Roads Lead to Aberdeen" 16 15.84%
Option E: "The Canal Park in Ottawa" 18 17.82%
None of the above. Please keep my ashphalt. 18 17.82%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5281  
Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 2:25 AM
wingman's Avatar
wingman wingman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by loga0082 View Post
I do not believe that Silvercity will close any time soon because many people live in Gloucester and there is a lot of parking space. It could be possible that they could convert one of the theatres into VIP. They have an IMAX in which you have an assigned seat. At Christmas, I went to see the Hobbit #3 in the IMAX theatre and I had to sit in an assigned seat. Will all the movie theatres at the new Lansdowne park cinemas have assigned seating?

Loga0082
No. The only rooms that have assigned seating are VIP, AVX and DBOX. The rest of the rooms are regular, meaning first come first served seating.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5282  
Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 2:54 AM
loga0082 loga0082 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 477
Dear Mr. Wingman:

I am truly sorry. I just did not know. I never went inside the movie theaters. I will walk to Lansdowne park on Monday to have a look at the exterior of the building. I am not sure, if I am allowed in the building. I am not planning to see a movie until April, because I am sure that movie theater will be packed full on the 27 till the rest of this month. I never go on grand openings because there will be too many people. I prefer to go, when the movie theater is less crowded.

loga0082
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5283  
Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 10:09 PM
citydwlr citydwlr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 734
Went through Lansdowne this afternoon. The parking lot was like Bayshore at Christmas - long line-ups to get out of the place at both exits. It took a good 10-15 minutes to finally get out of there. I believe there was a 67s game on, which explains the hold-ups.

Driving through the retail component, it seems the Teriyaki Experience is now open (in the retail attached to the rink). The Structube sign is already up (but the store is not open yet, as far as I can tell). The new Cineplex didn't look too busy, but I think that was partly due to the weather being so nice. I also noticed that beside the future Gabriel Pizza (I think) there were signs for a pizza joint/gastropub called Crust & Crate Public House. No word yet on an opening date though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5284  
Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 1:46 AM
loga0082 loga0082 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 477
Exclamation Lansdowne park

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydwlr View Post
Went through Lansdowne this afternoon. The parking lot was like Bayshore at Christmas - long line-ups to get out of the place at both exits. It took a good 10-15 minutes to finally get out of there. I believe there was a 67s game on, which explains the hold-ups.

Driving through the retail component, it seems the Teriyaki Experience is now open (in the retail attached to the rink). The Structube sign is already up (but the store is not open yet, as far as I can tell). The new Cineplex didn't look too busy, but I think that was partly due to the weather being so nice. I also noticed that beside the future Gabriel Pizza (I think) there were signs for a pizza joint/gastropub called Crust & Crate Public House. No word yet on an opening date though.
I will walk to Lansdowne park early this week to see look at some of the opened shops. The Milestones is in the same complex as the Lansdowne park cinemas. Aren't they suppose to be opening a Gabriel's pizza soon in the same complex as Milestone's and the cinemas? Would the cinemas be closed in the morning? I am not interested in seeing a movie. I just want to have a look at the interior of the building. Next week, I might walk to Lansdowne park cinemas to see Cinderella, but I do not know. I am planning to see Mr. Turner at the Bytowne this week. I will make buy some treats for my two cats at PetSmart, a block of cheese at Whole Foods, and drink a hot chocolate. Is Lavazza opened yet? Does Locale by any chance sell hot chocolate to drink? I find that the Lindt store opens a bit too late during the week and I have other stuff to do than wait around for the store to open. A month ago, I bought some cotton sock at Sporting Life and I found it awfully expensive. It cost over $100 for cotton socks which are probably not good quality. Next time, I will just get them at Joe's at St. Laurent Shopping centre..

loga0082
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5285  
Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 1:53 AM
waterloowarrior's Avatar
waterloowarrior waterloowarrior is offline
National Capital Region
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 9,255
It looks like they only have evening showings the first week during weekdays. I assume this will expand in the future. The theater is supposed to open half an hour before the first showing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5286  
Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 2:14 AM
citydwlr citydwlr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by loga0082 View Post
I will walk to Lansdowne park early this week to see look at some of the opened shops. The Milestones is in the same complex as the Lansdowne park cinemas. Aren't they suppose to be opening a Gabriel's pizza soon in the same complex as Milestone's and the cinemas? Would the cinemas be closed in the morning? I am not interested in seeing a movie. I just want to have a look at the interior of the building. Next week, I might walk to Lansdowne park cinemas to see Cinderella, but I do not know. I am planning to see Mr. Turner at the Bytowne this week. I will make buy some treats for my two cats at PetSmart, a block of cheese at Whole Foods, and drink a hot chocolate. Is Lavazza opened yet? Does Locale by any chance sell hot chocolate to drink? I find that the Lindt store opens a bit too late during the week and I have other stuff to do than wait around for the store to open. A month ago, I bought some cotton sock at Sporting Life and I found it awfully expensive. It cost over $100 for cotton socks which are probably not good quality. Next time, I will just get them at Joe's at St. Laurent Shopping centre..

loga0082
The Gabriel's Pizza should be opening soon, but I haven't seen/heard of any specific opening dates.

As far as the cinemas, the Cineplex website says their weekday showings start at around 6:30pm. While on the weekends, the first showings look to be around 1:30pm. I'm surprised that nothing earlier is available...

Lavazza sadly isn't open yet from what I saw today. But, you can get a hot chocolate from the café in Whole Foods (just inside the front entrance).

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5287  
Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 2:16 AM
loga0082 loga0082 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 477
As I checked the times at the Lansdowne park cinemas, the earliest is 3:30 p.m. Then the next show starts 6:00 or 6:30 p.m and in the evening at 9 something which are way too late for me. I prefer the early afternoon. The Bytowne, Rainbow, and Silvercity at least have shows earlier than that. I am sorry! I did not realize that movies can start as early as 1:30 p.m in the cinemas at Lansdowne park. The Ottawa Citizen has not have the Lansdowne park cinemas listed as one of the movie theatres. When I checked the wikipedia for movie theatres in Ottawa, they still do not have the Lansdowne park cinemas there. Do you think that the Mayfair is going to close because of the new Lansdowne park cinemas. Isn't the Mayfair like the Bytowne which shows foreign, classic, and second run movies?

loga0082
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5288  
Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 6:20 PM
1overcosc's Avatar
1overcosc 1overcosc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 12,377
Interesting that the Cineplex has only evening & weekend showings. Evening/weekend showings are are always more popular than midday ones when most people are at work/school, so perhaps Cineplex thinks there won't be enough demand there during the midday to have showings?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5289  
Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 7:29 PM
loga0082 loga0082 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 477
Lightbulb Times of movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1overcosc View Post
Interesting that the Cineplex has only evening & weekend showings. Evening/weekend showings are are always more popular than midday ones when most people are at work/school, so perhaps Cineplex thinks there won't be enough demand there during the midday to have showings?
It is probably true because one will have to rush to see a movie, if it was at midday or early afternoon. The Silvercity shows movies around noon. The Rainbow; for example, has early shows at 10:00a.m in the morning and it is very cheap. If I have to see a movie around midday at Lansdowne park, I probably will try one of the new restaurants at Lansdowne and just stay there and see a movie. In weekends, the Bytowne can show movies as early as 1:00 something in the afternoon.

Loga0082
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5290  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 2:57 AM
mykl mykl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 475
$100 for cotton socks.

I'm done.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5291  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 3:13 AM
loga0082 loga0082 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 477
You are entitled to shop at Lansdowne park, if you want to. I am not stopping anyone in the thread from doing so. I also bought 4 sets.

Loga0082
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5292  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 4:29 AM
1overcosc's Avatar
1overcosc 1overcosc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 12,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by loga0082 View Post
Next time, I will just get them at Joe's at St. Laurent Shopping centre..
Love that store. That's where I do 90% of my clothes shopping.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5293  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 2:44 PM
loga0082 loga0082 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 477
Dear 1overscosc:

What shop are you referring to? Is it Sporting Life at Lansdowne park or is it the Joe's at St. Laurent Shopping Centre?

Loga0082
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5294  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 3:04 PM
1overcosc's Avatar
1overcosc 1overcosc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 12,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by loga0082 View Post
Dear 1overscosc:

What shop are you referring to? Is it Sporting Life at Lansdowne park or is it the Joe's at St. Laurent Shopping Centre?

Loga0082
Joe's.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5295  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 3:50 PM
Radster Radster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chelsea
Posts: 997
Gondola going up at TD Place, it will circle the field, they are calling it a new fan experience, each gondola will seat up to 10 fans and include a cheerleader.
Sounds like a joke to me, but apparently its serious!
http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=582323

April Fools?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5296  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 3:52 PM
1overcosc's Avatar
1overcosc 1overcosc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 12,377
^ Certain it's not an April Fool?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5297  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 4:23 PM
LeadingEdgeBoomer LeadingEdgeBoomer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1overcosc View Post
^ Certain it's not an April Fool?
Watched the video--it is pretty slick but a definite april fool's joke.

The tip-off--at one point Randy Burgess says that it will be built by

the North Haverbrook Engineering company. No such company, but it is a reference to a Simpson's episode where the fictional town of North Haverbrook is scammed by a company purporting to sell monorails.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5298  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 9:07 PM
loga0082 loga0082 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 477
Talking Gondola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radster View Post
Gondola going up at TD Place, it will circle the field, they are calling it a new fan experience, each gondola will seat up to 10 fans and include a cheerleader.
Sounds like a joke to me, but apparently its serious!
http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=582323

April Fools?
That should be great for fans who love to watch football. The stadium will look much nicer with the gondolas around. So many people come and watch football at TD stadium. Of course, I do not watch sports at all. So, it would not interest me in the least.
Loga0082
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5299  
Old Posted Apr 2, 2015, 3:55 AM
Catenary Catenary is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadingEdgeBoomer View Post
Watched the video--it is pretty slick but a definite april fool's joke.

The tip-off--at one point Randy Burgess says that it will be built by

the North Haverbrook Engineering company. No such company, but it is a reference to a Simpson's episode where the fictional town of North Haverbrook is scammed by a company purporting to sell monorails.

Also: Gondolas can't turn corners, the rendering is the Emirates AirLine from London...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5300  
Old Posted Apr 2, 2015, 3:04 PM
Dundas's Avatar
Dundas Dundas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: God's country of Orleans
Posts: 266
Does this Winners carry higher end clothes than the ones in the suburbs?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:10 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.