HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6981  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 6:41 PM
Larry King Larry King is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I was told "On Market Street." I was thinking Market East but I was not told the exact location.
I would figure that the office market on east side is kinda weak but if an office building was built at 13 and market.. id be hype. Would be great location for law firms
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6982  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 7:09 PM
McBane McBane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,710
Agreed. 13th and Market or 8th and Market would be the two best places locations for a new office building in that area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6983  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 11:52 PM
philatonian's Avatar
philatonian philatonian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
Agreed. 13th and Market or 8th and Market would be the two best places locations for a new office building in that area.
If Philadelphia ever finds itself with the demand for another Liberty Place caliber complex, 8th and Market is situated perfectly for a two-tower project integrated with the old Gimbel's building. I'd love to see one of our "city's tallest" east of Broad.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6984  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 12:17 AM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
I would figure that the office market on east side is kinda weak but if an office building was built at 13 and market.. id be hype. Would be great location for law firms
I'm honestly thinking of three locations. It's either 13th and Market, 2100 Market, or 3000 or 3100 Market.

I know there is supposed to be a new Science Center office building at 3400 Market too.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6985  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 12:19 AM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Bloomingdale's eyes space at Liberty Place for Outlet Store

Quote:
A large vacancy at the Shops at Liberty Place is a step closer to being leased to Bloomingdale’s for one of its outlet stores, according to people familiar with the deal.

Industry sources said a 20,870-square-foot anchor space that long ago housed a Warner Brothers store is being seriously looked at by the retailer. The tenant will have its own entrance at the northeast corner of 17th and Chestnut streets, according to marketing materials distributed by Cushman & Wakefield.
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/...dales-eyes-space-at-one-liberty-for.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6986  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 12:39 AM
Outta here's Avatar
Outta here Outta here is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: 1060 W. Addison
Posts: 400
Now this , is a good idea .

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatonian View Post
If Philadelphia ever finds itself with the demand for another Liberty Place caliber complex, 8th and Market is situated perfectly for a two-tower project integrated with the old Gimbel's building. I'd love to see one of our "city's tallest" east of Broad.


THAT would be amazing and award winning idea ....... But unfortunately , like a lot of
other , fantasy , vision , proposed projects that actually make sense . Somehow , some
way , someone would shoot it down because of some stupid , objectionable , 19th.
century reason ......... I realize my vote counts for 🞵🞵🞵🞵 on this issue , but I am on board
one thousand percent with your idea .....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6987  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 12:43 AM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
List of Projects under construction or in Site-Prep in Philadelphia
1. Comcast Innovation & Technology Center - office space, retail, Four Seasons Hotel - 59 floors - 1,121 feet
2. FMC Tower at Cira Centre South - office space, retail, AKA extended stay hotel/residences - 49 floors - 730 feet
3. SLS International - SLS hotel, condo - 47 floors - 590 feet
4. W & Element by Westin - W/Element hotel, retail - 52 floors - 582 feet
5. 500 Walnut - luxury condo, retail - 26 floors - 380 feet
6. Children's Hospital of Philadelphia at 700 Schuylkill - office/research - 23 floors - 375 feet
7. 1601 Vine - luxury apartments, retail - 32 floors - 370 feet
8. 1919 Market - luxury apartments, office, retail - 29 floors - 337 feet
9. 3601 Market - luxury apartments, retail - 28 floors - 320 feet
10. Penn Center for Advanced Cellular Therapeutics - medical/research/academic - 19 floors - 302 feet
11. 1900 Chestnut - luxury apartments, retail - 26 floors - 295 feet
12. Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care - Medical/Research - 14 floors - 292 feet
13. East Market - luxury apartments, retail - 21 floors - 281 feet
14. The Summit - Drexel dormitory, retail - 25 floors - 279 feet
15. 3737 Chestnut - luxury apartments, office, retail - 25 floors - 278 feet
16. One Riverside - condo - 22 floors - 260 feet
17. One Water Street - luxury apartments - 16 floors
18. Museum Towers II - luxury apartments - 16 floors
19. AQ Rittenhouse - luxury apartments, retail - 12 floors
20. 1924 Arch - luxury apartments - 11 floors
21. Dalian on the Park - luxury apartments, commercial/retail - 10 floors
22. The Study at University City - hotel, retail - 10 floors

Completed since 2013
1. Evo at Cira Centre South - luxury apartments, retail - 33 floors - 430 feet
2. 2116 Chestnut - luxury apartments, retail - 34 floors - 379 feet
3. Morgan Hall - Temple University dormitory, retail - 27 floors - 312 feet
4. Family Court Building - court/municipal/government - 15 floors - 265 feet
5. Penn Medicine at Washington Square - office/research, retail - 18 floors - 260 feet
6. 3737 Market - office, retail - 13 floors - 221 feet
7. Chestnut Square - Drexel University dormitory, retail - 19 floors - 212 feet
8. The View at Montgomery - luxury apartments, retail - 14 floors
9. 1900 Arch - luxury apartments, commercial/retail - 14 floors
10. Drexel University LeBow Hall - academic - 13 floors
11. 2040 Market - luxury apartments, retail - 13 floors
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6988  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 1:02 AM
philatonian's Avatar
philatonian philatonian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outta here View Post
THAT would be amazing and award winning idea ....... But unfortunately , like a lot of
other , fantasy , vision , proposed projects that actually make sense . Somehow , some
way , someone would shoot it down because of some stupid , objectionable , 19th.
century reason ......... I realize my vote counts for 🞵🞵🞵🞵 on this issue , but I am on board
one thousand percent with your idea .....
It's not unheard of. I mean Liberty Place did happen after about 280 years of nonsense.

Midtown Village is filling up with urban minded newbies and I imagine East Market will fill up with the same once it's built. I could totally see an 8 or 900 footer being proposed for the Disney Hole in the next ten years, especially if Philly keeps building the way it is.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6989  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 12:37 PM
BenKatzPhillytoParis BenKatzPhillytoParis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 313
Comcast creating new global investment company

Could this have something to do with rumors for Comcast 3 and/or another skyscraper somewhere else?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102548308
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6990  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 1:13 PM
br323206 br323206 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I'm honestly thinking of three locations. It's either 13th and Market, 2100 Market, or 3000 or 3100 Market.

I know there is supposed to be a new Science Center office building at 3400 Market too.
So as a thought experiment, which would we prefer? I'd love to see something at 13th to help bolster the momentum east of Broad, but 2100 Market is an eyesore. Something at 3000 or 3100 Market would be extremely visible and also help that corridor. Ahhh, I'm torn!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6991  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 1:19 PM
Kidphilly Kidphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
Could this have something to do with rumors for Comcast 3 and/or another skyscraper somewhere else?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102548308
would not expect such an endeavor to require a tower in and of itself, probably not more than 100 employees related to this give or take
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6992  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 1:21 PM
Kidphilly Kidphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I'm honestly thinking of three locations. It's either 13th and Market, 2100 Market, or 3000 or 3100 Market.

I know there is supposed to be a new Science Center office building at 3400 Market too.
13th and market would be great - what about the disney hole

8th and Market would work for me but not sure working for me is a large consideration
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6993  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 1:34 PM
BenKatzPhillytoParis BenKatzPhillytoParis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
would not expect such an endeavor to require a tower in and of itself, probably not more than 100 employees related to this give or take
Right, but does improve the climate for a tower built on spec, especially considering it gives momentum to the start-up/small-cap landscape in Philly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6994  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 1:51 PM
Jawnadelphia's Avatar
Jawnadelphia Jawnadelphia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Posts: 2,907
I went on a vacation ... and looks like lots of new news in 10 days time....
3201 Race St
709 Chestnut
talk of a 600+ footer, damn!
FMC is flying - just went by it.

thanks everyone for keeping these boards updated so quickly - much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6995  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 6:20 PM
Outta here's Avatar
Outta here Outta here is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: 1060 W. Addison
Posts: 400
Tried this a week ago ...... splat .

Is there a restriction , I'm not aware of with regard to transferring , down loading , copy & paste of fly overs of cities at Google Earth / Landsat to this site ??

Tinkering around , I found several center city fly-overs that I thought others here would enjoy viewing , but my third grade brain will not allow me to compute said material . Wazz Up ??
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6996  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 10:14 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Bloomingdale's eyes space at Liberty Place for Outlet Store



http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/...dales-eyes-space-at-one-liberty-for.html
I'd be disappointed if only an outlet comes, but I suppose that's better than nothing. It would be great if they did both. 20,870-square feet is really not that big for a store like this. Property Philly previously reported that Bloomingdales was actively looking for anywhere between 120,000-square-feet and 150,000-square-feet of space for a “full line” store in Philly. Hopefully that's true. I know it's not a department store, but Banana has a real store at Walnut and Broad and it's outlet on Chestnut. We shall see...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6997  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 10:25 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
I went on a vacation ... and looks like lots of new news in 10 days time....
3201 Race St
709 Chestnut
talk of a 600+ footer, damn!
FMC is flying - just went by it.

thanks everyone for keeping these boards updated so quickly - much appreciated.
I also got back from a 10-day vacation yesterday without posting or really checking the forum. Great to see everything that's happened in that timeframe!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6998  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 10:35 PM
mja mja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
I'd be disappointed if only an outlet comes, but I suppose that's better than nothing. It would be great if they did both. 20,870-square feet is really not that big for a store like this. Property Philly previously reported that Bloomingdales was actively looking for anywhere between 120,000-square-feet and 150,000-square-feet of space for a “full line” store in Philly. Hopefully that's true. I know it's not a department store, but Banana has a real store at Walnut and Broad and it's outlet on Chestnut. We shall see...
If I recall correctly, Bloomingdales was said to be interested in opening up both a full store and an outlet.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6999  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 1:39 AM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
I'd be disappointed if only an outlet comes, but I suppose that's better than nothing. It would be great if they did both. 20,870-square feet is really not that big for a store like this. Property Philly previously reported that Bloomingdales was actively looking for anywhere between 120,000-square-feet and 150,000-square-feet of space for a “full line” store in Philly. Hopefully that's true. I know it's not a department store, but Banana has a real store at Walnut and Broad and it's outlet on Chestnut. We shall see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
If I recall correctly, Bloomingdales was said to be interested in opening up both a full store and an outlet.
They're looking for space for both an Outlet store and a full fledged Bloomingdale's departments store.

See link:
https://t.e2ma.net/webview/rypxg/c4b1b1a33ef0236424e2d3975c1c0323
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7000  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 6:20 AM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
They're looking for space for both an Outlet store and a full fledged Bloomingdale's departments store.

See link:
https://t.e2ma.net/webview/rypxg/c4b1b1a33ef0236424e2d3975c1c0323
Great! That Philly Mag Property article (with the reference to the MSC Retail listing) was the one I was thinking of.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...H1MfoXc7ZnjR8ZpDvA&bvm=bv.89744112,d.eXY

You'd think the biz journal article would have made note of this...
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:00 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.