Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi
With Presto, there really isn't any need for fare-paid areas. Cash and ticket fares will still need proof or payment no matter what, unless they get rid of POP rear door entry. I don't think any of our platforms will be special.
|
No, nobody, not even cash and ticket users, will ever have to show proof of payment when transferring between buses and trains at Tunney's, Blair, or Hurdman. The bus platforms will be fenced off from the outside world, thus making them part of the station building, and the station will be designed so that way anyone going to the bus platforms from the outside world has to go through the station's fare gates first. That way, movement from bus to train takes place inside the gates meaning no proof of payment necessary.
Drivers will be trained to not bother inspecting fares when loading passengers at the fare-paid-area platforms, and riders informed not to bother tapping their cards.
This is special, actually. Not many cities have this. This is something Toronto came up with when they were building their subway system, and it's worked wonders there as a way to make bus-subway connections fast and efficient. As such, we're following their lead.
EDIT: I'm actually not sure now which stations will have fare paid transfers. I know that Tunney's, Blair, and Hurdman definitely will. I thought Pimisi did but now I'm not sure, and I think St. Laurent might have them too.