HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #261  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2015, 6:19 AM
LoneStarMike's Avatar
LoneStarMike LoneStarMike is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin -> Tyler, TX
Posts: 2,325
Photos from Sunday February 8th & Monday February 9th 2015:


























Reply With Quote
     
     
  #262  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2015, 11:09 PM
SkyPie's Avatar
SkyPie SkyPie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 265
2.15.2015

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #263  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 11:45 PM
corvairkeith's Avatar
corvairkeith corvairkeith is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,483
Today.









Reply With Quote
     
     
  #264  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2015, 4:29 AM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Right here, right now
Posts: 12,832
If I counted right his one will be halfway when one more floor is done. It will make a nice impact on the skyline when it's done.
__________________
Follow The ATX on X:
https://x.com/TheATX1

Things will be great when you're downtown.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #265  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2015, 9:14 AM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
Meh
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Austin<--->Birmingham<--->Atlanta
Posts: 55,833
With the position of this tower and whatever they build on the west block, Austin Proper may show up fairly well along the river. Too bad the office tower is going to block the view of 360, though. I wish they had planned a tower with a smaller footprint, and taller, and had it as far east as they could place it to open up that view. I love the view of 360 in that photo. It's almost art-deco in quality with the light contrasting its facade.
__________________
My girlfriend has a poodle named Kevin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #266  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2015, 5:06 PM
MightyYoda MightyYoda is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 445
Hard to tell with the small amount, but call me optimistic about the facade. It is decently reflective and catches the light making it not too dark.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #267  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 5:23 AM
robertrulez robertrulez is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
anybody have an idea when preleasing is scheduled to begin
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #268  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2015, 10:13 PM
IluvATX IluvATX is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Anchorage-Austin-Anchorage-Austin and so forth...
Posts: 1,627



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #269  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2015, 10:43 PM
corvairkeith's Avatar
corvairkeith corvairkeith is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvATX View Post


Looks like they're changing the facade and going with all beige bricks above the first setback. It's a shame I really liked the rendering with the dark bricks all the way up with beige accents and dark glass. Even if it looks a little dated it was unlike anything else being built downtown. I just hope they don't switch to blue glass.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #270  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2015, 11:40 PM
SkyPie's Avatar
SkyPie SkyPie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 265
Nice photos IluvATX. The roof of the north wing was poured today. I imagine the shorter crane will come down pretty quickly now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #271  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2015, 11:48 PM
Syndic's Avatar
Syndic Syndic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Posts: 1,980
Hmm, good eye. I'm going to reserve judgment for now. I liked the original look with the dark glass and the darker shade of beige. It would have matched darkish-brownish look of the Eastern side of downtown (and I'm a Northeastern Austinite so admittedly I have a bias). I didn't think the second rendering looked quite right. There was something off about it. It didn't fit in well with either side of downtown. So maybe this lighter-colored brick will be an improvement. I know I'm one of the only people who likes the uniformity of the light-colored brick and bluish-glass look of the southern West End. But, to me, if it fits in with the area more then that could be a good thing. It's also possible that they had to take into account what the building would look like with 500 West 2nd Street as a backdrop.

Original rendering:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #272  
Old Posted Mar 8, 2015, 4:28 PM
texboy texboy is offline
constructor extrodinaire!
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,757
I honestly think this is a great looking building. Architecturally its nothing ground breaking, but will be a nice addition to the skyline. The dark gray color is very 'in' right now and kind of harkins back to 1970's black glass trend. I definitely think you'll be able to look back at this building 30, 40 years in the future and know the time period it was built in. Same goes for the W which has grown on me quite a bit.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #273  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2015, 12:35 AM
oberthewhat oberthewhat is offline
lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buda, TX
Posts: 104
from the glass thats in place it does not look like it will be blue tinted.
__________________
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #274  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2015, 12:39 AM
Urbannizer's Avatar
Urbannizer Urbannizer is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, TX / Portland,OR / Chicago, IL
Posts: 14,705
3/10








Last edited by Urbannizer; Mar 11, 2015 at 6:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #275  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2015, 2:51 PM
futures futures is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 226
The upper area that looks beige isn't brick. I drove by it yesterday and it's a smooth surface. I'm hoping the grey brick will go over it, or that it will get painted grey.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #276  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2015, 4:31 PM
Mopacs's Avatar
Mopacs Mopacs is offline
Austinite
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Austin.TX.USA
Posts: 4,624
As of this morning, it appears the top crane has been raised.
__________________
Austin.Texas.USA
Home of the 2005 National Champion Texas Longhorns
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #277  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2015, 7:56 PM
corvairkeith's Avatar
corvairkeith corvairkeith is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by futures View Post
The upper area that looks beige isn't brick. I drove by it yesterday and it's a smooth surface. I'm hoping the grey brick will go over it, or that it will get painted grey.
I think you're right, today it looks like they are adding the dark grey brick to the first level after the setback.








Last edited by corvairkeith; Mar 11, 2015 at 8:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #278  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2015, 12:31 AM
Austinite101's Avatar
Austinite101 Austinite101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 186
I was walking by Northshore this afternoon and the beige facade above the first setback is no longer beige. It's a dark grey just like the base facade.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #279  
Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 9:00 PM
IluvATX IluvATX is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Anchorage-Austin-Anchorage-Austin and so forth...
Posts: 1,627
3-26-15

The finish looks to be the dark grey panels with off-white colored trim. It was always my favorite of the renderings.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #280  
Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 10:57 PM
the Genral's Avatar
the Genral the Genral is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Williamson County
Posts: 4,498
Yeah mine too. Looks like 6 more floors to the final set back. Once the office building is completed, not to mention the hotel, the finished project will look massive despite the lack of a 500 + footer. Definately a significant positive add to dt.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:43 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.