HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1701  
Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 9:06 PM
cityscapes's Avatar
cityscapes cityscapes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Portland
Posts: 723

Photo by J Hartley Photo on Flickr.

This is the best and most recent I could find from the South.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1702  
Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 10:52 PM
PacificNW PacificNW is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapes View Post

Photo by J Hartley Photo on Flickr.

This is the best and most recent I could find from the South.
Beautiful.. Love it!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1703  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 4:09 AM
Tykendo Tykendo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 373
That's a fantastic shot. Is that snow-capped Mt. Adams in the picture?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1704  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 9:03 PM
2oh1's Avatar
2oh1 2oh1 is offline
9-7-2oh1-!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: downtown Portland
Posts: 2,523
These are fantastic! It's so fun to see how PAW fits in from all kinds of different views.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1705  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 9:20 PM
Abide's Avatar
Abide Abide is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 388
I spot 6 cranes in that picture. :-)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1706  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 11:42 PM
pdxdave pdxdave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
PAW from Swan Island:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1707  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 12:59 AM
pdxdave pdxdave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
PAW from the Southwest Hills:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1708  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 1:41 AM
pdxdave pdxdave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
One more photo from a couple days ago.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1709  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 3:43 AM
Derek Derek is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,388
I was really hoping it would've made more of an impact on the skyline. I've said it before, but if it was 10 more stories it would look so much better.
__________________
Portlandia
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1710  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 3:55 AM
PacificNW PacificNW is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I was really hoping it would've made more of an impact on the skyline. I've said it before, but if it was 10 more stories it would look so much better.
I agree!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1711  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 4:27 AM
Tykendo Tykendo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 373
Thanks PDXdave. Great shots. You can really see the height difference between Fox Tower and PAW. Awesome. It would have been amazing if it was the new tallest, but it still is a very nice addition, that when finished, will be a highlight on the skyline.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1712  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 1:56 AM
pdxdave pdxdave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
I made a timelapse of the activity at the top of PAW this afternoon. It is short, but some might find it of interest.

https://vimeo.com/121095947
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1713  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 2:03 AM
Tykendo Tykendo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 373
Very Cool! The mechanical box framing is almost complete. I wonder when the elevators will go in, and if the cars are already built, or are assembled on site. Thanks again for the fantastic updates.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1714  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 2:08 AM
pdxdave pdxdave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
Glad you enjoyed the timelapse. I shot this at 1 shot every 3 seconds. The next time I shoot a timelapse I will reduce the interval to 1 or 2 seconds. The crane moves pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1715  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 7:04 AM
Pdxnative Pdxnative is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 23
I do agree that it would look better 10 stories taller or so. At least it wasn't the shorter version without the apartments/condo's.
Also, for being around 460' tall, plus the 41 feet for spire, ut sure looks way shorter than
Koin tower (509'). Could be an illusion, or elevation height difference?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1716  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2015, 5:32 PM
Photogeric Photogeric is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 285
Holy cow, the buildings antenna spire is going up already!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1717  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 5:32 PM
xnyr xnyr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 362
I'm surprised how much I'm liking this. I love the variety and rhythm in the skin texture.

Complements Fox Tower nicely.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1718  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 7:52 PM
babs babs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyr View Post
I'm surprised how much I'm liking this. I love the variety and rhythm in the skin texture.

Complements Fox Tower nicely.
So what's next after this project? It would be nice to create a campus of sorts. By building another related building either on the parking garage site at 10th and Yamhill or on the Guild theater block.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1719  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 7:55 PM
PDXDENSITY PDXDENSITY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Portland
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by babs View Post
So what's next after this project? It would be nice to create a campus of sorts. By building another related building either on the parking garage site at 10th and Yamhill or on the Guild theater block.
And make it about 700 feet tall so it can start to stand out! I hear the area around big pink is having height restrictions eased-- hopefully we can have two nodes of taller buildings and then the north pearl.

But I really hope something near this new building is taller!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1720  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2015, 3:29 AM
Photogeric Photogeric is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 285
Yesterday





Today
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:37 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.