Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx
I thought you were allowed 1 space / 20% of residential units in the Manhattan Core, up to a certain maximum number of spaces?
|
No parking is allowed as of right in Manhattan. You need to get a variance from the city.
Maybe that 20% share is the typically allowed variance standard? I don't know. I would not be surprised if there were some limited parking in this tower, but probably only a few spaces limited to residents, and entered on 58th street, of course.
Also, people are getting confused on the pit for 225 W. 57. It isn't at all typical for NYC, as most NYC towers do not have deep foundations. The pit is deep in this case in part because much of Nordstrom will be below-grade. But if you look at, say, 432 Park, the pit wasn't that deep, at all, probably because the below-grade uses will be more limited.